What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storing a pin

Derezz

King for a day
Alias
DEREZZ
Hi Guys, was after a little advice if possible. I've finally been moaned at by her that shall be obeyed, and have to make some room where my pins are. Will it be ok to store the pins on their end (backbox down and secured, legs off) for an indefinite amount of time or will this do damage? They should be staying in the house so no change in temperature I'm just a little concerned is all. If someone can chime in and let me know that'd be great.

thanks in advance

Yeah they should be grand, id remove the batteries though if you dont know when they will get set up again...

Get some straps and fold the tables onto their ends and strap the backbox againt the playfield (assuming they are hinged)

Yeah they should be grand, id remove the batteries though if you dont know when they will get set up again...

Get some straps and fold the tables onto their ends and strap the backbox againt the playfield (assuming they are hinged)

Great thanks, they're all strapped up nice and safe. Thanks for the reply.

Hi Guys, was after a little advice if possible. I've finally been moaned at by her that shall be obeyed, and have to make some room where my pins are. Will it be ok to store the pins on their end (backbox down and secured, legs off) for an indefinite amount of time or will this do damage? They should be staying in the house so no change in temperature I'm just a little concerned is all. If someone can chime in and let me know that'd be great.

thanks in advance

That infamous BNIB Hurricane has probably been like that since 1991, so as long as the battery is removed your game should be alright. Take the ball(s) out as well.

That infamous BNIB Hurricane has probably been like that since 1991, so as long as the battery is removed your game should be alright. Take the ball(s) out as well.
Thanks Jay, I've removed the balls but not the batteries. They shouldn't be on their end for too long I hope.

Tried that Ian, no takers :) They always mumble something about 'not having the room'......

When I go to calls I ask when did they last change the batteries... and the answer is usually...... "What batteries?"
The last one had been 18 years and the backglass had never been removed! Luckily it was a Gottlieb system 3 (Cactus Jacks). Battery mounted off board and still 3 volts!
Dave

Back
Top Bottom