What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Virtual Factory Tour Video- Jason LE?

SteadyP

Registered
Alias
Steady
Hi all, this appeared on YouTube

3:06 into the video- shot of Jason LE wiring harness? Sound like a new pin being leaked or is this shorthand for something else? Maybe like a Freddy Vs Jason theme?

The rights for Friday the 13th have been in a legal battle for a number of year, so i'd be surprised if they would touch that franchise with that going on. Having said that....i'd LOVE a Friday the 13th pinball machine!!! It is the 40th Anniversary afterall!

The rights for Friday the 13th have been in a legal battle for a number of year, so i'd be surprised if they would touch that franchise with that going on. Having said that....i'd LOVE a Friday the 13th pinball machine!!! It is the 40th Anniversary afterall!
Good point- Halloween in a couple of weeks too; but so close to Avengers being released- who knows?

Great video, but he has obviously sold out to Stern now. Lot's of "we" when referring to Stern. If so, fair credit - he's earned it.

Historically Stern use codenames that don't translate direct to the game in production. Recently Stranger Things was codenamed Goonies. Jason is probably like Gary has pointed out to be a nod towards Zeppelin, but could be a huge red herring to keep us guessing.

Furry Hats - Guardians
Donut - Star Wars (Changed from Cinnabun)
Toys - Aerosmith
Shark - Batman66
Harold - Ghostbusters
Dudes - WWE
Politico - Game of Thrones
Dinner Time - Walking Dead
Bill - Star Trek
Biscuit - Mustang
Grinder - AC/DC

Jason is turtles.

Stern rarely ever have something on the floor until it’s announced - I spoke with GG on that issue and how they managed that and he explained that with one or two exceptions when it’s on the floor it’s announced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great video, some things in there they don't normally show like the playfields being cut. Stern really are a manufacturing machine, other pinball companies must cry when they see how efficient Stern are ( at least at getting machine built! )

Yes must say I have really enjoyed watching this video. It makes you realise how much work goes into building one of these things. And that ignores designing it in the first place. Not surprised they cost as much as they do NIB. Anybody knows anything about profit margins on these?

more than 50% but as you can see there is a lot of fixed costs.

visiting the factory in person is fantastic and I always look forward to it when Expo is on; its just a great place for pinball.

That was a good watch I thought. Although Gary saying that decals were an innovation over screen printed cabinets is a bit of a reach to say the least. It's a proper slick operation they have there, Stern deserve their success. They're the only company churning out multiple games a year, many of which are awesome.

lol..... measuring with callipers that are stamped made in China.
Every time they go back to zero stop they add or loss a few mm.

No seriously, good vid, + to know they have loads of spares!

Lol....... they stopped at 6.30 Clear Coat process

Glad they were using ESD mats at the node board assembly area.

Edit: Gary seems a nice chap

Last edited:
lol..... measuring with callipers that are stamped made in China.
Every time they go back to zero stop they add or loss a few mm.

No seriously, good vid, + to know they have loads of spares!

Most stuff is made in China.

I’ve got those type of callipers that I use on engine tuning works fine!

Most stuff is made in China.

I’ve got those type of callipers that I use on engine tuning works fine!

Depends what your buying and where its actually come from.

I have absolutely no problem with stuff made in China, get loads of stuff myself, as long as the QC is in place which through experience I’ve found it’s lacking many times. You have to do your homework, especially if it’s something that’s safety critical.

For example a set CNC rear-sets for a motorcycle, you don’t want them full of air bubbles making them weak and ready to fall apart when weight is put on them......or calipers as in my case:-

Sadly I have had issues with 3 sets of calipers that were from Chinese originated companies.

Now I will now only use either RCBS precision or Mitutoyo
The former being the ones I use.

I cannot believe how poor calipers are made especially when supposed to be precision equipment, most sold via Amazon are crap.

I make my own ammo so cannot afford to incorrectly measure case size and bullet seating depth, if I get this wrong I increase pressure then it’s a dangerous situation.

“I make my own ammo“

****ing hell. My life is vanilla. I’d love to see my wife’s expression if I decided to start making bullets 😱 Probably would end up with a cool nickname like “seven fingers” though.

Back
Top Bottom