What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Tournament button?

Den - aka Wolfgang

Site Supporter
Afternoon all, hope everyone had a good weekend.
So my first pin arrives tomorrow (MET Pro) and I've been trying to research the Tournament button which it has and getting a bit confused 🤔
I keep seeing mention of TOPS and on one site I saw mentions having to fit a TOPS kit etc.
Can anyone explain thr function of the tournament button and how to adjust the settings etc?
My machine have a coin mech and will be for home use only, however if there is a way that tournament mode could be set up so that it records everyone's score over the space of a few hours this would be great. That way, when I have friends over for a party who are casual/non pinball players and I want to set up a high score comp, it'd be great if people could just play and record their score without me having to rush around writing everyone's scores down thoughtout the night? (The other option ofcourse is just just have people take photo's of their scores).
This would also make it more fun for people (including my other half), who aren't likely to beat my high scores on the machine and I'd rather not reset the high scores every time people come over.
Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Too much to put in a post but bell me at some point & I’ll talk you through it.
It’s actually very under used by most people but can be great for exactly what you describe - having some mates over etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too much to put in a post but bell me at some point & I’ll talk you through it.
It’s actually very under used by most people but can be great for exactly what you describe - having some mates over etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers, will do Andy; speak soon mate

Another option is simply reset the high-scores before they come AND lower the default high scores in the settings.

I do this when my nieces and nephews arrive. They keep competing against each other to see who's name is left on there by the end of the stay.
The downside is it meant I couldn't play a full game myself and reset the machine when I got to ball 3.

I also usually do it for shows as well, as it gives me a new challenge when I get to back home.

Another option is simply reset the high-scores before they come AND lower the default high scores in the settings.

I do this when my nieces and nephews arrive. They keep competing against each other to see who's name is left on there by the end of the stay.
The downside is it meant I couldn't play a full game myself and reset the machine when I got to ball 3.

I also usually do it for shows as well, as it gives me a new challenge when I get to back home.
That's a good suggestion, but I'd really like to avoid deleting my high scores every time.
I'll be chatting to Andy about it tomorrow, as it sounds like the tournament button can do what I need.

I'd be interested if anyone had a TOPS card for a system... I already have the remote and display... just missing the card for the backbox!

Back
Top Bottom