What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Stern Star Wars Pro

Perhaps. I’m in no particular rush though :)
I’ve been looking for a Stern Star Wars, any Stern Star Wars, for nearly a year. Eventually, I bought a JP2 Prem instead.

There are very few in the collector community and loads on location.

I’ve been looking for a Stern Star Wars, any Stern Star Wars, for nearly a year. Eventually, I bought a JP2 Prem instead.

There are very few in the collector community and loads on location.
Same fate as Ghostbusters I think. Very unpopular for a long time amongst collectors but the theme alone made it popular on location.

Same fate as Ghostbusters I think. Very unpopular for a long time amongst collectors but the theme alone made it popular on location.
To be unfair to it, it’s a bit of an odd (space) duck.

Not enough toys to appeal to collectors. Has a broken tournament strategy for top players (40x multiplier + video mode). Really brutal outlanes for casual players.

So the audience are: casual players attracted by the theme, and intermediate players who can’t pull off the 40x multiplier strategy. I‘d put myself in the latter category, so I really appreciate the super-fast gameplay and the iconic theme. Feels like you’re flying a space battle in an X-wing from first to last ball.

Not enough toys to appeal to collectors. Has a broken tournament strategy for top players (40x multiplier + video mode). Really brutal outlanes for casual players.

So the audience are: casual players attracted by the theme, and intermediate players who can’t pull off the 40x multiplier strategy. I‘d put myself in the latter category, so I really appreciate the super-fast gameplay and the iconic theme. Feels like you’re flying a space battle in an X-wing from first to last ball.
I am a huge Star Wars fan and I love it, easily my favourite game!

My advice would be to try and get a Premium or LE. I know it’s a bit more money, but it’s well worth it in my opinion.

Good luck, I know there very few in private hands.

I didn't think you could do the 40x video mode thing in tournament mode

I didn't think you could do the 40x video mode thing in tournament mode
Wasn’t that what happened at the UK Open? We went for Star Wars in the main bank to boost our cards because, if you couldn’t pull off the 40x thing, the tournament scores were really low.

Paul Englert was in front of us wracking up multi-billions, so I assumed he was doing that. Certainly, he was in video mode a lot.

Not dissing Star Wars here BTW. It’s one of my favourite pins - or, at least, one I play persistently whenever I see it on location. It’s the closest you can get to flying an X-wing just using a small steel ball.

Wasn’t that what happened at the UK Open? We went for Star Wars in the main bank to boost our cards because, if you couldn’t pull off the 40x thing, the tournament scores were really low.

Paul Englert was in front of us wracking up multi-billions, so I assumed he was doing that. Certainly, he was in video mode a lot.

Not dissing Star Wars here BTW. It’s one of my favourite pins - or, at least, one I play persistently whenever I see it on location. It’s the closest you can get to flying an X-wing just using a small steel ball.

The one at the UK Open wasn't on tournament mode 🤫🤫🤫

The one at the UK Open wasn't on tournament mode 🤫🤫🤫
😲...

🤣

I totally need to buy one now. Then, I can leave it in my back room for tournaments (in tournament mode) and have the enjoyment of watching it break people - in a similar, but different fashion to my super-mean Fish Tales with its (at the time) super-sensitive tilt (now fixed). Honestly, during London & SE League, Josh looked like he wanted to kick Fish Tales through the glass conservatory doors! 😈

[Sorry, @David_Vi, I edited the comment for grammar while you were liking it. Hope you still like it].

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom