What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern selling via Amazon (in USA)

Ahhh man. If only.

Its a real shame they don't offer to buy direct with worldwide shipping. I suppose they need to keep their distros happy and earning, but for the normal folk that have to save up for the big buys, its a real kick in the nuts to have to pay another couple of grand on top just because you don't live in the US.

$5,799 for a Jurassic Park Pro..........

What I don’t understand is how the secondhand market in the USA can be so buoyant, given the relative lower cost of new machines! I have seen machines for sale in the States that are cheaper here, selling well above the exchange rate!

Going back to new Sterns in the UK, I think Electrocoin have a lot to answer for........!

I don't think Amazon would be happy to change faulty node boards.
At least Phil gives a 2yr warranty

Couldn’t agree more! Phil has been great on both my NIB. My issue is the middle man Electricoin! Imagine the prices if Phil could sell direct! If you look at Phil’s NIB JJP prices, they are more in line with USA.

Don't forget US prices are always quoted without tax added.

But yeah it's a shame we can't have more than one Stern distributor here, Electrocoin have the monopoly so can set the prices how they want.

Amazon will just get you to 'send it back'

I know Mr Palmer fronts the 2 year warranty thing himself as Stern only give 3 months.

Are you sure it’s just three months? I am pretty sure UK law has to be at least 12 months on electrical goods.

It's not actually Amazon that 's selling the pins anyway, just businesses using Amazon as a selling tool.

"Available from these sellers"

edit - sorry some of them are direct from Amazon it appears.

Last edited:
1 customer review
Top ReviewsMost recentTop Reviews

default._CR0,0,1024,1024_SX48_.png.jpg
MJD
1.0 out of 5 starsMisleading video
September 28, 2019
Verified Purchase
I am very disappointed with my purchase of the Stern Star Wars pinball machine. The video on the Amazon website leads you to believe that is the machine you are buying.
The video is the more expensive Star Wars Premium/Limited edition, while the machine you are buying is the Pro addition. I learned this after the machine was delivered and I had already assembled the machine!

😆

It's not actually Amazon that 's selling the pins anyway, just businesses using Amazon as a selling tool.

"Available from these sellers"

No, I think it is sold directly by Amazon, but you don’t see that as you are logged in as a UK buyer.

1 customer review
Top ReviewsMost recentTop Reviews

default._CR0,0,1024,1024_SX48_.png.jpg
MJD
1.0 out of 5 starsMisleading video
September 28, 2019
Verified Purchase
I am very disappointed with my purchase of the Stern Star Wars pinball machine. The video on the Amazon website leads you to believe that is the machine you are buying.
The video is the more expensive Star Wars Premium/Limited edition, while the machine you are buying is the Pro addition. I learned this after the machine was delivered and I had already assembled the machine!

😆

I don’t know where to start..............:cuckoo:

Back
Top Bottom