What's new

Stern RollerCoaster Tycoon

Carl Spiby

Registered
Quite liking the look of this from videos on YouTube but have never managed to play one, I know a couple of people here have owned one at some point, what are your general thoughts of the machine and what would you expect them to go for?

I like it. It's way underated in my opinion. And that's mainly down to that ****ing troll! It really is annoying. Which is a shame as its a good game apart from that. There is a lot going on. If you tend to like Pat Lawlor games I think you would like it. I'd have one again one day quite happily.

Probably around 900 to 1200 price wise I reckon.

Aint played in years,which,as usual means i wanna try it again sometime.
always the way,on rare occasions I find time to play a pin at a show,its always a rarer one.Don't really care for playingTAF,AFM,MB,CFTBL,TZ, etc

Played it in a pub once ages ago before I really had much of a clue about pinball. From what I remember it was alright, fancy getting to know it abit better myself but you never see these come up for sale. Wonder how many were produced?

Quite liking the look of this from videos on YouTube but have never managed to play one, I know a couple of people here have owned one at some point, what are your general thoughts of the machine and what would you expect them to go for?

There's one at Lytham pier, as well as an Elvis and RFM.

Can you just rip the troll out or is the ****er ties into the art/dmd/sound?
Hs to be the ****test looking toy in pinball!
i agree, and i had planned to rip it out and replace it with .... god, just about anything really (even a dog turd on a stick would be better) .... but as usual, something else came up and i never got round to it.

There is one available to play on St Annes pier Carl, if you want to check it out.

Terrible unmaintained condition though ....

It wasn't that bad when I last went. Everything "appeared" to work. Cue Mr Wells to elaborate..........:suspect:

Drives me mental this game, not because it is a bad pin in itself but because if you look at the license it's clear Stern had to do something to make this an interesting playable pin but somewhere got lost about what the license actually is. If you played Rollercoaster Tycoon a lot back in the day like I did there is very little apart from the artwork that actually ties in with the game. The troll doll is just weird, the music is wrong and the premise of collecting guests is sort of what you do in game, but not quite. In my opinion a fine game in itself but doesn't marry up to the license it is supposed to be at all.

Back
Top Bottom