What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Head Locking Mech, 3/4 turn type

DRD

Registered
My world poker tour has the allen key 3/4 turn system for locking the head on place.

It used to require so much force it felt like something might bend, it made a blood curdling screech when you tightened it and it was not possible to know when it was fully engaged. I just put this down to stern build quality plus oxidation over time

Speaking to @ronsplooter about this at Nerg, it sounded like a common ailment, even with newer stern games

I sprayed the mechanism with my old friend gt85. A couple of days later (after the solvent had evaporated?) the mech was totally transformed. Now so much smoother and it is now obvious when you have reached the fully locked position. So I no longer feel like i might break something when I operate this to move the game

My Star Wars is the same. Takes a great effort to turn. Bring your spray to Manchester in October ;)

Back
Top Bottom