What's new

Stern Ac/Dc Luci edition

Luci is a made up character, nowt to do with the band. Why the hell didn't they do a Rosie edition?

Erm, yeah, thats a bit naff. I am sure some discerning Gentleman will appreciate it.

Wasn't a fan of the original cab side art due to the "scratches" but this is ****ing bad. :( Is the playfield still the same? So many iconic images they could have used but this just sucks.:( Anyone know the UK price? Will it be more than the original limited price?

Also interesting that no one has yet bitten on the 5k one on ebay. I was tempted but 5k is still a lot of dosh for a machine

I dont give a toss one way or the other but this is not really the same thing as the JJP issue is it. This is a new design for the Premium edition which is not limited. It's not a new LE to **** off the current LE owners who bought early.
Just saying.

**Edit - And this thing is fecking hideous!

I think it looks ok'ish.. If that style of artwork made it to the playfield then it would be good... I find that's what let's Acdc down is the nasty playfield photos.. Can't see the point of this though you would be better off designing your own art based on maybe "Rosie" and getting it re decEd yourself, although Rosie ain't that pretty well that's how the song goes anyway ;)

Just to add... I would also like to see this style continue and stern move away from photos... Xmen a thing of beauty same as Metallica as it's all Hand draw and lovely .. Just my opinion

I like the cartoon style also, although why they haven't done "Rosie" instead of Luci beggars belief!
that's sizeist that is

Too much red. Pretty sure I prefer the regular premium. Probably just as well seeing as I have one being delivered imminently :cool:

Do agree with Will though. If they had continued this art style onto the playfield I might have been tempted.

I do prefer cartoon styling over photos but never minded them on AC/DC because they were pictures of the bands. On super hero machines, they are photo of the actors not the cartoon characters and that I don't like so much as it was one interpretation. I guess TAF and IJ have drawings of the actors from the films but TAF is very well done and Harrison Ford is Indy to me so don't mind so much.

I don't see it as anything like the JJP super special. This is another flavour of the medium range machine.

I dont give a toss one way or the other but this is not really the same thing as the JJP issue is it. This is a new design for the Premium edition which is not limited. It's not a new LE to **** off the current LE owners who bought early.
Just saying.

**Edit - And this thing is fecking hideous!

Marginally different. They've still flogged as many original premiums as they can and then put their supporters in a difficult position of having a new and IMPROVED version

I think both companies have had such huge success with these 2 games that they can't help milking the cash cow. But it's getting silly now. How many versions of each new game are there going to be in the future?? I think both JJP and Stern should concentrate on sorting out their current responsibilities before inventing new flavours etc. JJP need to ramp up production and get the games out to their customers quicker. And Stern need to stop letting everybody down with half finished code.

Like many others I also prefer hand drawn art over the current photo art style. But I still do not like this new design really.

This version has been in the works for a long time, they weren't sure whether or not to release it but as the work had been done then it seemed foolish not to. She looks nice but the swirling black and red looks awful. I see nothing wrong with them doing alternate artwork for premiums, would rather it was announced at first with the initial release though, had they called it an LE then I guess it would have created a ****storm. As for MSRP it means nothing

I also wish it was 'Rosie' instead. Apart from that, I think its looks pretty good.

P.S: I just noticed she has quite a bit of junk in the trunk. Hmmm. lol.

Back
Top Bottom