What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stencilling an old three colour cabinet with Twisted Pins kit

DRD

Registered
Has anyone done this please ? I do not have the patience to trace and create one myself. So I am wondering about buying a Paragon stencil set from Twisted Pins. But it is a fair amount to spend and this is a classic "point of no return" type endeavour. The paragon cabinet art is not the most complex, but a lot could still go very wrong

I am normally loathed to mess with "stock" pinballs and I do not mind a bit of patina, but red paint on old Ballys has generally now turned candy pink (Flash Gordon suffers from this too). And pink does not really go with lion headed eagle winged lizard tailed baddies fighting winged warrior humanoids rescuing a blue (in medieval times ?) bikini wearing girl with 1970's Farrah Fawcett flick hairdo.

As an aside, I can handle the lion/eagle/lizard beast fighting a winged humanoid. That is all perfectly plausible. But the blue bikini thing, there is no way that existed in mythical times. Makes it seem unrealistic.

Thanks for suggestions, but I am totally inept at drawing/ art type things. I can fill, sand, line stuff up, spray paint in blocks and generally be patient - but artistic steady hand type jobs (tracing, using knife to make templates ...) are beyond me.

Now I think that this guy overdid it (bit too glossy), but it shows you how Paragons look before and after stencilling .....

http://pinballpal.com/gallery/index.php

image.jpg

image.jpg

You would have yo be careful to keep the paint job looking flawed, as it originally was

With a black base colour pinball machine (like sensible Williams tended to make at this time), I would not consider stencilling. But reds, yellows, golds ...... Do not age very well

Last edited:
Has anyone done this please ? I do not have the patience to trace and create one myself. So I am wondering about buying a Paragon stencil set from Twisted Pins. But it is a fair amount to spend and this is a classic "point of no return" type endeavour. The paragon cabinet art is not the most complex, but a lot could still go very wrong

I am normally loathed to mess with "stock" pinballs and I do not mind a bit of patina, but red paint on old Ballys has generally now turned candy pink (Flash Gordon suffers from this too). And pink does not really go with lion headed eagle winged lizard tailed baddies fighting winged warrior humanoids rescuing a blue (in medieval times ?) bikini wearing girl with 1970's Farrah Fawcett flick hairdo.

As an aside, I can handle the lion/eagle/lizard beast fighting a winged humanoid. That is all perfectly plausible. But the blue bikini thing, there is no way that existed in mythical times. Makes it seem unrealistic.
i think we need to take another look, and perhaps we can revisit the discussion about what was going on

Thanks for suggestions, but I am totally inept at drawing/ art type things. I can fill, sand, line stuff up, spray paint in blocks and generally be patient - but artistic steady hand type jobs (tracing, using knife to make templates ...) are beyond me.

You really dont have to.
If you google image the stencils,
Download them ,you can import them into cad and just draw over them.
Then make sure its the right scale and then get someone to laser them out.

Did the stencil work on fp pls ? What make was it ? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom