What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starwars trilogy sega

Body pop

Registered
Not sure if this is a problem
Probably is .
The flippers on my starwars ,when the ball first hits them each time ,they flick the ball back up .
The flippers themselves are working perfect ,but If you try and catch the ball on them from launch ,it just shoots off them
To be honest is doesn't really bother me and I half thought it was part of he game ,but watching videos of other ones on youtube ,none of them seem to do it .

Hi Body pop,

You're gonna have to explain that again. What exactly is happening, and what do you expect *should* happen?

When say I hold the right flipper in ,and ball comes down first time from launch
Unlike my other pinball were it would just bounce normally on or off the flipper .
You would would think there was some sort of power going through the flipper and it takes off at speed from the flipper .
As if the flipper but had been hit really really quickly !
I take it ,first if all ,it's not meant to do this ?

So the balls hit the flipper, that you have held in the up position, and they spring off again? Is that right? That's an odd one.

Yes that's exactly what it does ,and it does it so well ,I thought it was part if the game lol

Not 100% sure about the flipper setup on a Star Wars Trilogy but it sounds like the impact of the ball is enough to push the flipper bat down enough that the EOS is opened and the high power of the flipper coil re-engages causing it to push back at the ball.....however I'm assuming Star Wars using the same type of flipper board as Baywatch so not sure if the EOS is responsible for switching between high and low power on the coil, or even if it uses dual wound coils?

It will also happen in Bally Williams games. I guess the holding power is just less on your swt so more noticeable.

I had a look at this today
Really is strange .
Holding the flipper button in a touching it with my finger ,causes the flipper to react ,to the point were I held my finger on it and it kept reacting until it blew the fuse in flipper .
Il try to explain a bit better
If my fishtales i was to hold flipper button and try and push flipper down wards it would just push back
Where this does a crazy vibrating ,as if nearly it was losing power and regaining It in the blink of an eye

The reason flippers chatter and bounce in the "up" position with a ball on them is due to excessive play of the plunger in the sleeve, and a corresponding "bounce" of the EOS contacts.

Change he sleeve and inspect and tighten the mechanism. Replace any sloppy parts.

Back
Top Bottom