What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Stargate

Matt Adams

Site Supporter
This is a reluctant sale, I had this as a keeper, I never would have spent the amount of time or money on it that I have if I had been planning to sell it but I have too many machines and have had to make the decision on which ones to cull!

The machine is in great condition cosmetically, mechanically and electrically. I have completely stripped it down and rebuilt it, the ramps have been welded, gold plated and new decals applied and the following new (original) parts have been installed

• All wireforms, ramps and pyramid Gold plated, (real antique) cost £400!!!

• All 3 flippers (tops and shafts)

• New translite

• 3 flipper rebuild kits

• Skill shot plastic

• New skill shot ramp (not fitted, there is a small out of site crack in the existing so I got it just in case)

• Rubber set

• All new star posts

• New Stand-up targets

• Both Horus (flip up targets) and wiring looms new

• All bumper targets (whole assembly)

• Dome nuts that hold the plastics on

• New rope light for back-box

• Complete ramp, stand-up, apron decal set
There’s probably more that I have forgotten.

All the parts removed (that are still serviceable) as well as parts not used (some decals etc) are included in the sale as well as a number of new parts.

Both the Horus models and the creatures on the pop bumpers have been professionally painted by a modeller friend of mine as the originals are very plain.

The playfield has a factory Mylar installed and is in great shape. I have installed Mylar “spots” on any ball drops to prevent any future wear in these areas. The DMD is perfect and the cabinet in good condition with no fade.

The game has a modern coin mech (it takes £1 and £2 coins) but is set on free play at the moment.

£2200 before haggling, £2000 after :)

Now trying to decide what's for the chop next! :(

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
IMGP5466.JPG

That's the nicest Stargate I've ever seen.
A little help with what's next to get rid of,,,,, Who dun it, what a bag of sadness that is.

Damn. Where were you a month ago! The one I obtained needed a lot of work, yours looks lovely. Good luck with the sale

Who dun it, what a bag of sadness that is

I say sir, I take offence! If I think I've spent too much on Stargate I would hate to think what I have spent on Whodunnit its got to be the only one anyone bothered clearcoating! It would be the 2nd to last pin with only TAF in front of it if I got rid of all of them but then again I am an prat o_O

That is the only nice one I've seen any I've played (prob all been the same Matt v one lol) have been rough as with weak ass flippers and auto plunger

:hmm: what does this mean rudi?

Translation:

This is the only nice one I have ever seen.

All the others I have seen and played have been rough.

They all had weak flippers and weak autoplungers.

However, it may well have been the same machine everytime as the same games often do the rounds.

That's pretty much the gist I reckon.

Last edited:
Reactions: JT.
This is a lovely looking machine by the way. Saw it this morning. If I hasn't just bought another of Matt's games I would have loved to have had this. They don't come up for sale very often.

Translation:

This is the only nice one I have ever seen.

All the others I have seen and played have been rough.

They all had weak flippers and weak autoplungers.

However, it may well have been the same machine everytime as the same games often do the rounds.

That's pretty much the gist I reckon.

Exactly lol think he was reason into it abit to much

This one has definitely not done the rounds and plays fast like new, I brought it of a pinball guy about 6 or 7 years ago, did loads of work to it and then the same guy brought it back off me and then did a load more himself and I then brought it back of him, crazy hobby this!!! :hmm:

@Hiro996 had a very nice W?D at one point. He did his own mod to make the roulette wheel spin IIRC. Crazy ass game! Would liked to have spent more time on it because the concept was very intriguing.

I wouldn't touch a whodunit if it was in a box however Stargate is the best dot matrix gottlieb game by far and in this condition a great buy for someone. Mine came from buzz arcade in Coventry and was their last pin. Dodgy arcade dodgy owner dodgy machines . just like they all were once!

@Hiro996 had a very nice W?D at one point. He did his own mod to make the roulette wheel spin IIRC. Crazy ass game! Would liked to have spent more time on it because the concept was very intriguing.

I have that Whodunnit (round my daughters house) and my one also with a working Roulette wheel. I am currently trying to get the receiver on the phone to shake when its ringing!

I have that Whodunnit (round my daughters house) and my one also with a working Roulette wheel. I am currently trying to get the receiver on the phone to shake when its ringing!

You can buy mini shaker motors that are used in mobile phones dunno if that's something tha would work (I can't remember how big the phone is on the game)

Reactions: JT.
I have the receiver mounted on a pivot and spring loaded so it returns, with a off-set mini motor in one end of the receiver it sort of worked but the wiring to the motor was enough drag to make it not rock properly, one day inspiration will strike!

Mount the motor in the base rather than the reciever ? Have it pushing the reciever up, the spring will push it back down...

Simples. im a modding genius (in my head anyhow)

Back
Top Bottom