What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars (data east) dead :(

Now go and replace the batteries on the MPU, checking for possible corrosion as you do so! :thumbs:

Reactions: Ben
Cheers rudedogg but all sorted now :)

Much thanks matey

Hey moonraker, already checked and replaced.
The old ones were left in but luckily no corrosion of any sort.

Luckily it was stored in a dry heated place :)

Hey, finally got some pics onto laptop. Why does tech not work when you want it too lol

Anyways here are some pics and vids (if they upload) some pics are of machine not fully put back together.

What you think, be honest as I may have missed some thing.

think the pics might be massive - SORRY :(

Cheers
460.JPG
463.JPG 464.JPG 465.JPG 466.JPG 467.JPG 468.JPG 469.JPG 470.JPG 471.JPG 472.JPG 473.JPG 474.JPG 475.JPG 476.JPG 477.JPG 478.JPG 462.JPG

dont know how to do videos so just gave up. sorry about size of pics.

What are peoples thoughts and suggestions about repainting the machine? ta

i think it looks lovely as it is, so i call dibs if you sell it on

Hey Dan, Thanks. I was toying with the idea to restore the paint work. But on the other hand its the ageing that gives it its character.

Anyways I am selling Dan, I really want to keep her, but no space, the little one wants to destroy it i think lol so got it stored round a family members at the moment.
But she is for sale. Im asking sensible offers. I saw one similar sell for £1700 or £1750 I forget now.

But a good home is need rather than just a place for it to look good. so the door is open to good offers my son :(

Are you selling because you didn't click with the game? Or you just wanted a project and the funs over with yours now it works?

Edit: just seen your post above. It didn't show up earlier. Ignore me.

Friendly advice here, not price police. Promise :) But where did you see SW sell for. £1750? eBay?

SW IMHO is a £1200 game in good condition. A bit more for a REALLY nice one. Dare I say.....mint!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben
The price was based on machines I've seen and speaking to companies around uk on what the machines are roughly worth these days.

I have been offered a bit less than the £1700 mark.

Gaz - I brought this as project a couple of years ago but never got round to starting it. So stored it and thought its time now to start getting it sorted.
I'd love to keep it but haven't got the space at all now and if honest I need money for other things now.

So what's the general consensus of price?

Cheers

It's all good gaz, everything always taken well. You guys know more than me. Lol

Well I have been offered £1500 so I'm guessing everyone will say take it lol

Yours does look nice. It depends how badly the buyer wants it I suppose. I'd pitch yours about £1150.

Put it on eBay with 99p no reserve and see what happens, you might get more.
Prices do tend to stay lower than eBay on here. I guess as a community we strive to keep the prices down to make the hobby affordable. Avoiding eBay where possible. Generally speaking if you sell on group, you buy on group therefore you can keep the cost down.

It worth what someone is willing to pay. As someone has offered you £1500 then that's what it's worth if you do the deal.

Well I have been offered £1500 so I'm guessing everyone will say take it lol

Snap that deal up asap, that's great money for that game based on it's condition. Congrats on the sale :)

Does the "door" on your Death Star not close?
It's open on every pic you have - I know I've recently been playing one with the new ROM, but I'm sure the behaviour isn't that different & it should only be open when shooting for multiball ("Tri-ball").

Regards,
Dan.

Don't see what you mean?

In the hole in the Death Star where you start multiball there should be a square yellow target that moves up and down to allow access to the hole behind. You hit this target to light Yavin's moons and then it moves down to let you start the multiball.

Oh ok, I follow now. :)
Yeah that works fine, it moves up and down freely when required during gameplay.

Wish I'd spotted this sooner, though don't think I'd have gone up to 1500. Congrats on the sale, seems to go for closer to 1k if it's not in perfect nick!

Back
Top Bottom