What's new

Star Trek laser upgrade!

What does the actual mod/device look like? Is this a homebrew DIY mod or something available commercially?

I'm just curious to know if this is like £100 or is it just one of the £10 jobbies from eBay fitted under the apron and pointing up the playfield?

LaserDiscoLight.JPG

Its just a normal £10 jobby that spins on a motor under the apron methinks. Mufcmufc would be able to let us know more as I think he still has one?

Its just a normal £10 jobby that spins on a motor under the apron methinks. Mufcmufc would be able to let us know more as I think he still has one?

@I TiltAlot has it now, it looks great. I had a brief look at it, it is a very small projector and there is a hole cut into the apron near the balldrain where it projects from. He might be able to shed some light on it! I Imagine @mufcmufc installed it though yes.

@I TiltAlot has it now, it looks great. I had a brief look at it, it is a very small projector and there is a hole cut into the apron near the balldrain where it projects from. He might be able to shed some light on it! I Imagine @mufcmufc installed it though yes.

Do they shine the laser onto a mirror then reflect it onto the PF. Or is it direct laser light?

I think it is direct, but I wouldn't like to commit to that. Perhaps someone who owns one could come to the rescue and answer!

So..... has anyone published yet where they bought the cheap one and made it better than the posh one for less than the difference?

Someone has updated the games music to full original sound track from the movie:

Back
Top Bottom