What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Trek disco open for business :)

I really don't know why I was expecting to see a couple of constellations or wormhole map of some sort. LOL. First thing on the uber mod list!

It was looking good (other than for the spud-u-like asteroids) until I saw that. First thing to remove if you buy an LE I think.

I actually think ...ok its just more light bling, fair enough. Problem is Stern shot themselves in the foot by talking up 'Starfield' laser lighting, and then finally revealing it with another of their cr*ppy 10 second vids.

I seriously thought it was gonna be more impressive, especially as it was on the LE version - something along the lines of ...start a mode/feature, some or all of the GI drops out/changes colour and a star map / starfield is projected. Not just a steady disco ball effect, which apparently doesn't change or react in any way - just on or off. Hmmm .The 'Condition Green' multiball lighting in Space Station is way more effective and that is 25+ years old.

Hopefully it looks better in the flesh. Again - a decent video might help. At least try to get people excited. Do they have a marketing dept ???

Haha! I actually quite like it!:p
I think the problem is we were all expecting it to be much better than that. But I still think it's pretty cool if not slightly crap and pretty disappointing at the same time!

I think his face says it all - did I really just install that
I actually thought it was to do with the epilepsy warning sticker they have had to put on - if the LEDs don't get ya the red dots will. They are trying for the first casualty caused by a pinball machine - that's their marketing plan.

It is actually quite a nice effect in person. I expected to be underwhelmed by it so I guess that may be why I think it's ok :D

The game is nice out of the box, really pretty looking game and the play is fun and the code is good :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_1998.JPG
    IMG_1998.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 20
The game is nice out of the box, really pretty looking game and the play is fun and the code is good :eek:

Get some video up ! :) Mine's the Pro but also think it looks great.

Also, got to be the best music and sound effects on a pinball for a long time IMO.

Need to watch the tutorial again to understand all the rules.... :confused:

Last edited:
It is actually quite a nice effect in person. I expected to be underwhelmed by it so I guess that may be why I think it's ok :D

Congrats on the purchase. Do you know how long the courier company takes to deliver them from getting the nod from PH? Hoping mine arrives soon but haven't been given any update.

I believe it crashes as uses two solenoids instead of one. One to hold it down at the front for a crash type effect.

NOPE !! Looks weird and likely to get annoying....

Although, would like to know more about this custom speech update:

Custom call outs will be good, at the moment the random voice clips aren't really doing it for me. Karl Urban's into pinball as well, I remember reading an interview with him where they asked about his most extravagant purchase and he said his pinball collection :)

There's more detail about how it came about here:
Star Trek First Look: Karl Urban Commercial For Stern's New Star Trek Pinball Machine

Congrats on the purchase. Do you know how long the courier company takes to deliver them from getting the nod from PH? Hoping mine arrives soon but haven't been given any update.

I was lucky that a mate to picked mine up from Hadfields on Thursday as I had a friend over from Germany this week-end and wanted to get it here. They normally call you the day before and delivery should be scheduled for this week I imagine

Was playing JMP's machine last night and was very impressed by the sounds.
Points to note. Turn it up loud, the sounds Rock.
Very good looking pin and great fun to play. Just need to learn it and once thats done will be back for a re match John.

I had one of these lined up for the MB about 18 months ago, esp during the extra ball cut scene, glad I binned the idea now, no love for it on here ;)

Very good looking pin and great fun to play. Just need to learn it and once thats done will be back for a re match John.

Welcome anytime mate. Now I'm learning the rules and aiming more for certain shots, my performance is deteriorating !

I was lucky that a mate to picked mine up from Hadfields on Thursday as I had a friend over from Germany this week-end and wanted to get it here. They normally call you the day before and delivery should be scheduled for this week I imagine

Didn't know you could collect. How did you arrange that?
Might collect if they don't call tomorrow as would like it for weekend.

Didn't know you could collect. How did you arrange that?
Might collect if they don't call tomorrow as would like it for weekend.

Sorted with them direct for Hulk but through Phil for ST, they are easily confused apparently so need notice.

Vid as requested, play supplied by the mighty Spiderpig

i94.photobucket.com_albums_l107_mufcmufc_th_STDisco.jpg

Pfft. Underwhelmed by the 'starfield' effect. A mate showed me one of those £10 laser disco pens in the pub the other night, it was more impressive than the effect on ST.

I think the laser effect is better in person. I thought that on vids but when you see it mid game it's pretty awesome.

Back
Top Bottom