What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted SS Dancing Boogiemen Mod

Jason Catrine

Registered
Anyone selling the dancing boogie men mod for Scared Stiff? Can see some online but they want crazy money for what looks like a cheap easy mod. So I thought i’d ask here if anyone has a 2nd hand pair to sell.

Make it - they are finger puppets, with an extension rod on the slingshots.

This guy has 3d printed them - drop him a message - he may send you the file. I am sure everyone knows someone with a 3d printer.

I bought these from the USA, made out of milled aluminium. Total crap. Avoid. Too heavy. The hole drilled in the slingshot arm fatally weakens it. The weight of the aluminium also slows the slingshots down, even when using the uprated coils detailed in the manual

The original Williams ones per the prototypes use a spring type affair. This is light and allows the boogeymen to be "thrown about". If you can get these, bravo. Pls post where you found them as I would buy a set.

The solid aluminium ones failed me twice over a 12 month period. They snapped the slingshot arm. Once in a league meeting. I had spare slingshot arms in stock so the league meeting was fine. But I have returned mine to the factory format now.

Hoping someone here will have something for both of us. Or if anyone has a 3d printer and can do it then thats 2 orders so far. Assuming more will appear????? Its a relatively simply mod that people in the states are charging a fortune for and by the sounds of are messing up. Anyone able to help????

I bought these from the USA, made out of milled aluminium. Total crap. Avoid. Too heavy. The hole drilled in the slingshot arm fatally weakens it. The weight of the aluminium also slows the slingshots down, even when using the uprated coils detailed in the manual

The original Williams ones per the prototypes use a spring type affair. This is light and allows the boogeymen to be "thrown about". If you can get these, bravo. Pls post where you found them as I would buy a set.

The solid aluminium ones failed me twice over a 12 month period. They snapped the slingshot arm. Once in a league meeting. I had spare slingshot arms in stock so the league meeting was fine. But I have returned mine to the factory format now.

Hi DRD

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/scared-stiff-boogy-man-slingshot-modification.html
I found these on the webshop Ministry of Pinball.
Are these also the ones you are referring to maybe? I was thinking of purchasing these but if I am unsure at the moment.

I'm also looking for this mod but I am quite skeptical where to find this mod for a reasonable price :(

Those are different to the rubbish ones that I bought from America.

They look welded onto slingshots. The ones I bought were bolted onto them. It was the holes drilled into the slingshots to accommodate the bolts that weakened them.

Back
Top Bottom