What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speed Top Trumpers Needed to Generate Cash for Charity at PinFest - do yo have what it takes to win?

Biff

Site Supporter
Alias
****a
Okay, so building on the top trump charity success of a few years ago, Big Phil has kindly allowed me to host a charity 'Speed Top Trump Game' using the pinball top trumps created a few years back as part of the Shine Charity campaign. This means that thirty players will get a chance to take part in a final to win some cool prizes including a £20 voucher from Pinball Mania, thanks to Andy - really appreciate your generosity. All money made goes to the Pink Tutu Charity fund for Pancreatic Cancer UK.

BTW if you have anything pinball related you wish to donate to the prize fund, please message me - I am hoping that I do not have to give away my antique collection of Edwardian toe nail clippings...

To enter, please reply to this thread with 'John your trumps are top' and i will add you on the team list below in the order i get your response. We are looking for 30 people in total. I will start a reserve list if i need to.

All i ask is fiver donation please! But wait.....

I will ask you (not yet though please...) to send five quid to the Just Giving page - with a comment to the charity link below, and put your pinball info name on the comments section with "John does big trumps..." That way i will know that you have paid :).

Oh and by the way i am also looking to borrow some of the packs of pinball top trumps that are mentioned above and pictured below please - again PM me if i can borrow a set please; i only have my set and will need Six in total.

Games
The games take place over Friday and Saturday night... With the first round taking place on Friday night, so if you are not there both nights you cannot take part, sorry! There will be five games happening with five people per game, the last one to obtain all the cards is the winner and secures their place in the final. The final will take place on Saturday night, both games will be timed for fifteen minutes. The person with the most cards when the time runs out is the winner.

Rules
You must be able to attend on Friday and Saturday heat 1 takes place on Friday night in the bar, heat 2 on Saturday night in the bar.
In Heat 1, thirty people play in six groups of five people for a chance to play as part of the final six
Heat one will be timed at fifteen minutes, after which the winner of each group will be the player with the most cards.
The final will be timed at fifteen minutes, after which the winner will be the player with the most cards.
If there is more than one player with the same amount of cards, there will be a single card play off where one card is picked at random and dealt to each player and I will then call out the stat.
If after this we still have two or more places then it will be Rock Paper and bloody scissors :)

Stats Details
UK Rank: Lowest number wins
Highest world Ranking: Lowest number wins
Events: Highest number wins
Peaked: Most recent date wins
TT Magic Factor: Highest number wins
The award will be presented on the Sunday at the end with the other Pinball trophies or sooner if we need to.

1647937202993.jpeg

Confirmed participants and Team
1654109252227.png

Saturday Night Final: -

Gardner's of the Galaxy:-
Team of six TBA pending outcome of Saturday Night!

What are you waiting for, get trumping!

Cheers

JB

Last edited:
There will be five games happening with six people per game,
It aint wise to upset a misspelt wookie ;-)

A wookie that can't count - You've got 6 teams listed :D

I'll bring my set with me, but can't commit to Trumps both nights unfortunately, probably be stuck behind the competition desk for at least one of them.

A wookie that can't count - You've got 6 teams listed :D

I'll bring my set with me, but can't commit to Trumps both nights unfortunately, probably be stuck behind the competition desk for at least one of them.
Doh!!! Oh well will amend table and etc shortly :)

BTW if we don't get many takers, maybe because of the whole staying over for Friday and Saturday at Pinfest shizzle - then i am thinking we can play it over teams or Zoom?

Mrs Crewey is in if she's allowed, she just isn't a forum member

John - your trumps are tops - Colin and I will play and Will bring our two sets of cards . This is going to be fun 😀 will donate to your fundraiser for both of you 😀

Don't forget to pack your packs of Top Trumps so we can ensure this happens 😁

yea as Wayne suggests, don't worry will rope others to join in on Friday night. Anyone on the list above PM me your mobile i can then call you on Friday and let you know what's occurring. Even if we just have one match then so be it - will adapt accordingly on the day / days :)

Cheers

JB

BTW have raised over £3k so far through generous buggers like you :)

Hi top Trumpers, because of the low numbers I’m probably only gonna do one game tonight so anybody that has signed up for the top trump competition please be in the bar around about 8 o’clock-ish and we’ll try and rally some other people and see how it goes. 👍

Okay so as we we were all so busy playing pinball no one had time to play top trumps :) No issues. I had some generous donations form people while there in the buckets and giving me cash. While there donations of over £120 were received - so thank you to everyone that donated :)

So... what to do with the prizes?

I put all of the names of people that applied to take part into a hat to draw for the prizes.

And the winners are....

£20.00 voucher from @pinballmania = @Crewey
£25.00 voucher from @Colywobbles = @Colin cluni
Speaker upgrade kit. (Backbox, and cabinet) @new forest pinball = @MrsCrewy
The Top Trumps crown (singed Jersey pinball cap) = @ailsaclunie

Can i ask that you reach out to Pinballmania, Colywobles and New forest directly please? @ailsaclunie , please send me a PM of the address where to send your magnificent crown to and can you let Col know about his voucher?

Thanks again for everyone that donated. Total is over 3K at present with still more money to go in.

Cheers

JB

Okay so as we we were all so busy playing pinball no one had time to play top trumps :) No issues. I had some generous donations form people while there in the buckets and giving me cash. While there donations of over £120 were received - so thank you to everyone that donated :)

So... what to do with the prizes?

I put all of the names of people that applied to take part into a hat to draw for the prizes.

And the winners are....

£20.00 voucher from @pinballmania = @Crewey
£25.00 voucher from @Colywobbles = @Colin cluni
Speaker upgrade kit. (Backbox, and cabinet) @new forest pinball = @MrsCrewy
The Top Trumps crown (singed Jersey pinball cap) = @ailsaclunie

Can i ask that you reach out to Pinballmania, Colywobles and New forest directly please? @ailsaclunie , please send me a PM of the address where to send your magnificent crown to and can you let Col know about his voucher?

Thanks again for everyone that donated. Total is over 3K at present with still more money to go in.

Cheers

JB
A crown ? Oh my ! Brilliant . Thank you John 😀😀😀

Back
Top Bottom