What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Special When Lit Social and next League Meet 2016

Moonraker

Site Supporter
The next Special When Lit Social Meet will be on Saturday 6th February. It will incorporate the next round of the league at Special When Lit.

Special When Lit will be open from 1pm and all machines will be available for freeplay and league practice. The league competition will start at 2pm. Everyone can play until the league starts at 2pm, anyone not wishing to play in the league can use the remaining tables whilst the league plays on a randomly selected machines. We hope that the league games will finish around 5pm and we normally shut around 6pm. Games change on an ad hoc basis and are subject to serviceability and change.

There is a change to the league format to stay in-line with the way ranking points are obtained. The league will now be head to head matches only. The aim is for 9 rounds of head to head play. Seeding will be by world ranking then after the first round and for all remaining rounds it will be all previous rounds results seeded so that best performers are matched with each other.

We hope to have the following machines available to play:

Attack From Mars
Black Knight
Catcus Canyon Continued
Genesis
Medieval Madness
Metallica Master Of The Puppets LE
Monster Bash
Pink Panther
Scared Stiff
Space Hawks
Spirit
Terminator 2
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Theatre Of Magic
Transformers Combo LE
Tron:Legacy
Twilight Zone (3rd Magnet Installed)
Whitewater
World Challenge Soccer
WWF Royal Rumble
X-Men Pro

Address: Unit 5, Loyal Trade Business Park, Stephenson Road, Salisbury SP2 7NS.

The usual nibbles, tea, coffee and water are free of charge. Any items from the fridge must be paid for - eg. cans of fizzy drink and chocolate, etc.

These are not for profit events for supporters of Special When Lit that help raise funds to keep Special When Lit open.

If you've never been to an event please note that everyone is welcome! We don't bite... Honest! :thumbs:

A reminder that it is this Saturday, all welcome as usual. :clap:

It was a busy time last weekend with the UKCS and hangover tournaments so there are a few machines with faults on them. I will try and have these rectified as soon as possible but that may not be in time for Saturday so please bear with me if your favourite is having an issue or two... :oops:

Congratulations to Greg on the win in this new format of head to head play. :cool:

After 9 rounds the final placing were:
1. Greg Mott
2. Peter Blakemore
3. Andrew Shillabeer
4=. Nick Hill
4=. Don Gauld
6=. Chris Glazier
6=. Moira Ross
6=. Levi Banks
9. Andrew Driver

Unfortunately it was a very disappointing turn out which really begs the question of if these should continue once this season has been completed. :(

:hmm:Me and jack would of come......but we knew nothing of it!
(Maybe I should check more threads):hmm::(

That's a real pity, you would have been most welcome. :( It would have been an excellent chance of jumping over others in the league table...! :thumbs:

Next meet is Saturday 2nd April is you wish to put it in your diary. The fully schedule and league information can be found here: http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/clubandleague.php

Hi @Moonraker are you open as usual this Friday 11th? All this talk of Pink Panther has made me need a visit. I'll try and round up a couple of others.

Thanks.

Yes, open as normal on Friday Aston. :D

Kev, I've managed to fix it so that the tilt no longer ends game and the extra balls are now switched off (extra ball and special now awards 50K and 5 knocks). :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom