What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Space Station

bluejonny

Registered
OK. So first of all, having lost my desire to do anything with pinball machines for a while, I bit the bullet and went for it on my Space Station that I bought from a member here some 6 years ago for £450. Yes, it was cheap and that was generally because the machine was a bit of a mess (I knew this when I bought it, so it was eyes wide open!) playfield had the usual issues with bubbled mylar and inserts all worn. Plus it didn't work, and the displays were shot. Sadly I didn't take any pics of the restoration process.

So in the end, removed the mylar, used the flour trick to remove all traces of glue (worked really well!), clean and polished everything, new translite, rebuilt flippers, rebuilt pops, playfield overlay, new blue ramp, totally LED, boards repaired by Andy the Legend, custom designed cards, switched on yesterday for the first time since boards came back and I am now the proud owner of a fantastic looking machine. Not what I ever want to part with my favourite machine of all time, but something is slightly different about this machine - deliberately!

1530446551616.png

1530446654508.png

1530446750031.png

1530446901509.png

It's not all perfect at present. I still need to spray the coin door, and repair some wood on the backbox. I have some strange things going on as well. When I hit the flippers certain dome flashers trigger and so do some of the backbox flashers (odd!!). Couple of lamps out, and one half of the green GI is now working, bottom two dome flashers n/w. I've also got a little adjustment to do on some switches, but apart from that, it plays! Yay!

Thanks to Andy for help on the boards, and also to everyone here when I popped up with a random question. Great support as always..

Cheers

Jon

Love it. Space Station is an absolute gem of a game.

Love the green displays. Was considering them for mine but have a blue set coming now.... I think the green has been discontinued.

I have the new Freeplay40 translucent blue ramp to fit also. I think in the autumn I will shop mine and and bling it up a bit [emoji16], been about 10 years since I last did it.

'Roger Liberty... You're looking good'!

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I have to say Grizz I was a little skeptical about LEDs, but it looks amazing. Well worth it. The "condition green" when trying to redock, looks stunning!

Cheers

Jon

I have to say Grizz I was a little skeptical about LEDs, but it looks amazing. Well worth it. The "condition green" when trying to redock, looks stunning!

Cheers

Jon
Yeah. I actually did Green LED mine a while back and yeah Condition Green is incredible when it kicks in !! Bathed in glorious green light [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Space Station rocks. Love the effect that green LED s give this game. Incandescent bulbs with green condoms just don't cut the mustard.

Back
Top Bottom