What's new

Space shuttle problem

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
The up/down post between the flippers has stopped working. In solenoid test it works fine. If I ground the transistor tab's it works fine.
The up/down Assy is activated by hitting a switch up a dead end ramp. This switch works fine in switch test. There are no wires off (well none that are obvious) so why ain't the damn thing working.
Thanks Ken

Don't think there's a switch to say whether it's up or down. I believe hitting the ramp target puts it up and a ball rolling over a specific switch drops it. It has like a 23-800 to lift it which locks it up then a smaller coil moves to hit an arm that drops it.

I shall investigate further in daylight tomorrow the advice of multi ball theory. In the meantime thank you all for your replies.

I just fired up pinball arcade, making the centre ramp raises the heat shield for 12 seconds, a failed shot up the ramp raises it for less time. Plus its up during multiball so you are both right :). Actually multiball is started by the centre ramp anyway and the plunger still times out even in multiball so the answer is the ramp raises the plunger.

Based on Kevlar's reply, a shot up the ramp to the target in normal play does not raise my centre post.

Ok my mistake here. I still don't think shooting up the centre ramp raises the post on mine so now possibly may be the sw under the plastic toy or the one on the exit bit of said ramp.
Looks like a search is in order tomorrow. Thanks all

Update. Now sorted. It was the switch under the spaceship. When I tried it with a ball in sw test it didn't register but did using a finger plus was sticking slightly and the wire was not dropping back.
So thanks for everyone's help.

Back
Top Bottom