What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Space Invaders £1000

Expired Due to no activity

Wayne J

Site Supporter
Alias
WWJ
Nothing to do with me; but a colleague on holiday in Towyn, North Wales has told me she has found a SI pinball for sale in a second hand shop - marked up for £1000.

I've got no further details, but it may be worth someone who is nearby taking a look.

Could be worn to the wood, could be immaculate but without taking a look will never know.

£1,000 for a SPACE INVADERS? I know I've been absent for a little while but has pinflation been that bad? It's a sweet looking title and I'd love to have it in a line-up of all 5 Bally SUPER-SIZE widebodies, but seems a bit steep to me! I guess the shop is just taking a lucky punt...

Last two on eBay have got way past £1k. Never liked the way it plays since new in the arcades but must be a good looker as have owned more of them that any other title including 7 at once. Paragon is the superior wide body Bally. Embryron great fun but too rare to compare!

Out of the bally SS wide bodies I have played, space invaders is the least inspiring

Paragon > Embryon > Future Spa > Space Invaders

BUT putting space invaders on any electronic game will always attract punters. Hence its value is relatively high

Space Invaders is up there as one of the best looking pins ever in my opinion. That HR Giger inspired artwork is very cool. Shame it plays the way it does. A grand sounds pretty reasonable. I would be very very tempted if I hadn't played one.

It's definitely a looker but gameplay let's it down. It does play a lot better cranked as high as you dare and install stronger flippers. Totally changes the game for the better.

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing to play. Seems as though £1k is the going rate for a decent player then... wish I'd snagged that project for £350 now that even included spare fully-populated playfield... :(

@DRD, you forgot HOT DOGGIN'! I'd love to own all 5 one day... but given the choice FUTURE SPA would the next one to get on my list.

I have never played Hot Doggin so could not pass an opinion

I have never even seen one in the flesh, so I would guess that it ain't that great.

If I had a bigger collection, Future Spa would be in it. Dirt cheap. A real piece of 70s kitsch

I have never played Hot Doggin so could not pass an opinion

I have never even seen one in the flesh, so I would guess that it ain't that great.

I've only ever seen one Hotdoggin', which had come from Associated Leisure, auctioned at a POA show in 1988. It features the Disappearing Kicker, as used on Silverball Mania.

hot doggin is a .. dog!

the 1988 was one of the Associated Leisure freebies. Bob Thomson got 6 out of 7 working from turkeys which not bad going at all . my friend in town snagged the paragon for £88 . Bob had to take Stern Ali home as no bids at £20. wonder what one of them would sell for now? Paragon ended up at Pinball 90 in London where it sold to some guys in Clapham. We were there at 9pm on the Sunday night helping heave it up 5 flights of concrete stairs.

Back
Top Bottom