What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South West league Meet 2 Sun 14 Feb, Newport, South Wales

robotgreg

Site Supporter
Alias
Greg
Hi all

Pleased to announce that the 2nd meet of the season will be kindly hosted by Kev Donovan at his place in Newport, South Wales. As usual, practice from 12pm and league play will start at 2pm.

Kev has got a fantastic collection of games as you'll see from the list below and always in awesome condition so highly recommend trying to make this meet. And we'll be playing all 12 in the league!

Star Trek (stern)
Iron Man
Spiderman
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Revenge from Mars
Tron Legacy
Getaway
TZ
Corvette
Johnny Mnemonic
Junk Yard

I've sent an email to all the South West regulars but if you've not received anything or would like to come along please let me know and I'll pass on more details.

Cheers
Greg

I'll be bringing pinball spares with me on Sunday - bit of everything really.
Stern on/off mains switches @ £5 each.
Pinball legs. Have many so bring you spare odd ones and maybe sort a set?
Manuals, pop bumper caps, plastics, promos, leds plus other stuff. Happy to trade too.
Dave
www.pinballdaze.co.uk

Hi

Many thanks to Kev for a great afternoon of pinball. Awesome selection and condition of machines and lovely food.

Here's the results:

1 Greg Mott
2 David Mainwaring
3 Don Gauld
4 Andrew Wilson
5 Dan Williams
6 Kevin Donovan
7 Elliot Roberts
8 Dave Willcox
9 Dave Roberts
9 Lynda Williams
11 Ed Duckworth
12 Helmut Langenbruch
13 Kevin Brown
14 Andy Teylor
15 Cinzia Mainwaring
16 Emma Oliver
17 Peter Crane
18 Jono Sandilands
19 Lorraine Keyse
20 Magnus Laurenson
21 Edward Emms
22 Tina Chalmers

Many congratulations to David on 2nd and fantastic performance by Don in 3rd.

Next meet on 20th March at the arcade in Minehead.

Cheers
Greg

Yes 4 ball, but everyone said they got through all the machines a lot quicker than expected. Everyone played in pairs. There are no bottlenecks in my layout so no waiting for people to end their game before you could get past. Not sure exactly how long it took, others will have to comment but I think most had finished by 5. Plus of course 22 players and 12 machines a good balance, not much waiting around for machines.

I think the 2 by 2 is a good approach. Great line up kev, i wish you weren't so far away. And being your games I suspect that they were all working nicely too.

Great games, Great lay out, cheers Kev.:thumbs: I have not seen so many, better than new machines like this. WOW. As a Newbie, the 2 by 2 set up worked well as someone else there with you to talk too, and watching a good game is nearly as good as playing,(well nearly). I was playing and seeing the games for the first time, so watching helped me with the learning curve:) Will have to get some practice time on these newer machines. Although I am not sure how my wrists will take it:( as I am still feeling them now LOL. How am I going to explain to the missus, that I need to exercise and build up my wrists for the next meet.:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom