What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Park Pinball - Too many balls

Big Phil

Site Supporter
Alias
OTWBigPhil
Supposed to be able to play with five balls but as soon as you put the fifth one in, you get a message saying too many balls.

Any ideas?

Philip

Could be dodgy trough opto's. When you've got no balls in, does it think there is one? And are all the trough opto's working ok?

But surely if it was a dodgy trough opto, even if the ball was in place it would still register as one?

I'll give it a go when I get home tonight though. Thanks.

Good point
smile-1.png
It's a bit of a strange one you've got there.

Fixed it !
smile-1.png

As you can see from the following image, I was using the diagnostiscs with an empty trough but it thinks there is one ball in position. Positions 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 are empty but a ball is showing up in position 15. Positions 10 thru 14 are microswitches and positions 14 and 15 are the two red LED light sensors(see bottom image)

IMG_0715-1.jpg

Turns out there is a slight fault with the top red light sensor(position 15). When I pushed the PCB in slightly, it worked. When I let go, it thought there was a ball there. I removed the PCB by unscrewing the three screws, pushed the LED over to the left slightly and heated up and cooled the solder joints to hold it in it's new position. Hey presto, fixed!

IMG_0716-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom