What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete South Park Mini Log

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
I'm not doing a full shop log or any videos for this one as it's not a full on take the game to pieces restoration but still wanted to capture what work has been done for the likely day I come to sell it :D

I picked this up last Saturday and have spent the week stripping the topside of the playfield and cleaning things. The game currently looks like this:

IMG_1849.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

Work done so far is:
  • Everything off the top has been cleaned and polished including all the metal being tumbled
  • Ramps have been flame polished
  • Playfield has been cleaned with magic eraser and is just waiting for the final pass with Novus 2 which I'll be doing this afternoon
  • The scoop holes have been lightly sanded to remove any loose wood and will be sealed with clear once I've done the Novus 2 clean of the pf
  • The ball trough and subway from underneath have been removed and cleaned (anything the ball touches under the pf needs to be clean or the work on top is a waste of time IMO)
  • The shooter rod felt a bit rough so I removed it, cleaned everything then polished it and now it's smooth as silk
  • All of the metal ball guides you can see in the pics had quite a lot of oxidation that made them look black and dull so I cleaned them with a scotchbrite pad to remove the crap and then polished with Autosol
  • Cabinet cleaned with magic eraser to remove any major dirt and marks
I think that's it so far....basically once the final pf clean is done it'll be time to start putting it all back together :thumbs: Parts spend on this one hasn't been bad but I have bought a few little things to improve the look:

IMG_1852.jpg

I'm going with a white rubber kit to brighten it up a bit plus the clear star posts are to replace the thick black Sega posts which look a bit crap (I'm leaving all the thin plastic posts standard though). Blue star posts are to go on the main ramp to give a nice contrasting colour (original ones are clear) and this game has quite a few rubber sleeved metal posts which are normally black so I've gone with the light blue just to make it look better IMHO :)

The game has the South Park character figures dotted around the playfield but this one was missing Cartman and Kyle so I managed to get an original set off Ebay and will put these back on as per factory.

Finally I'll be fitting LEDs to the GI but leaving all the controlled lamps incandescent, again the thinking here is to brighten the game up a bit rather than have a full LED conversion.

Time to get back to the cleaning but here's a pic of everything that came out of the tumbler:

IMG_1844.jpg

Back
Top Bottom