What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound Problems

R

robertlucas1970

If I am losing background music but all other sounds are OK is this going to be the sound Rom IC, have removed it and put it back but still the same.
I had a set for Sopranos a few years ago, but cant remember who did them for me if somebody can tell me who offers this service ?
Many Thanks

I have a set of ROMs on the way and will see if this solves the problem.

I would be surprised, as long as the windows are covered, Eeproms should last many years....

Have you tried re-seating them?

My RBION had some badly distorted sounds fixed by replacing one of the sound roms ( from @Paul ). It was easily demonstrated in the sound test.

I took them all out and put them back which was the first thing I did.
None of the sounds are distorted, I just lose the background music, all the sound effects are still there but no music.
This can happen happen after 30 seconds or some games play fine.
Many thanks

None of the sounds are distorted, I just lose the background music, all the sound effects are still there but no music.
Many thanks
Do they play ok in test mode??

Some sounds are activated by switches so check all your switches using a ball. In play

Many thanks
Sound test is the definitive indicator IMO. If the loss of music happens at exactly the same point on the same music test, then one or more ROMs are bad.

If not then suspect socket or other circuit board trace problem - acid damage etc.

Whitestar sound is normally pretty rock solid (albeit crappy mono quality) so a fault description like that doesn't suggest many possibilities.

As daft as it sounds change the batteries, failing that maybe this:

[/URL][/URL]
Oh damn, of course it's a version 2 board, I should have realised that.

Despite them only saying 'after changing ROMs' I would recommend you check and possibly upgrade OS version on the board, as well.

After all, the version 2 boards are running an emulation of the BSMT2000 chip, of which there was no more supply a very, very long time ago... well before that bulletin of course!

Thanks for all the info, on power up LED1 will flash 8 times and also 2 greed dots on U8, so I guess thats all upto date.
It has new batteries, first thing I do with a new pin is to put some Energizer in and put the date on a sticker.
How can we tell which Rom is for the music ?

IMG_20190709_185540897_HDR (1).jpg

Thanks for all the info, on power up LED1 will flash 8 times and also 2 greed dots on U8, so I guess thats all upto date.
It has new batteries, first thing I do with a new pin is to put some Energizer in and put the date on a sticker.
How can we tell which Rom is for the music ?

As they are my Roms i will more than happily supply replacements to allow you to test...

As they are my Roms i will more than happily supply replacements to allow you to test...

Thanks Paul, I had no idea they was your Roms or even that you did them, I have a full set on the way from MyPinballs once he gets some in.
It was only after putting the pic on here I can see the web address on them :)

Back
Top Bottom