What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Sony 4k projector and screen

ROBERTDAVIES1977

Registered
Sony VPL VW260
I got this 4 years ago from Richer Sounds, cost me £5.5k for the projector and £490 for a 120" fixed sceen.
Very little use, I watched the Sopranos and a handful of movies, under 500 hours use.
It is still as new condition, was installed on the ceiling and has never been touched.
Very easy to set up with motorised zoom and focus.
£1900 Collection Shrewbury.

20231224_111705.jpg20231224_111613.jpg20231224_111606.jpg20231224_111604.jpg20230331_181056.jpg

Have the same model, great 4k picture

Have the same model, great 4k picture
It's a top projector with stunning pictures, I can't belive how much cash I will lose on this.
I really thought it would of been snapped up, the market is confusing with all these so called 4k projectors that do not have a 4k panel.
I think they just use a chip which takes a standard HD image and doubles the output, I used to have a Optima that did this and was nothing like the Sony.

There's probably a limited market for it outside of people who are serious about this kind of thing. Most people are happy with a 'regular' TV.

I've got the 270, love mine. This is a great price.

This a bargain for someone looking for a new set up.

Am still on an epson 9200 with sudu 4k panel from several years back and use it pretty much every weekend for movies. Id imagine this sony is a big step up.
Used to love an upgrade but problem is its past diminishing returns for my older eyes now so cant justify until my current one packs up.

Unfortunaly with second hand value drop that is AV kit in general. Last bit of kit i bought was an anthem amp off AV forums. £3500 new, paid £1400 and it was barly 12 months old. Did the same with all my speaker set up as well. AV gear just dosent hold its value.

Good luck with sale, great set up for a first timer or someone upgrading with younger eyes that can appreciate the image quality properly.

Slightly off topic but re "avatar way of water" tried to watch it last night and had to turn it off after 20 minutes. Like watching a cartoon with no grounding in reality. Complete load of nonsense :)
to think we could have had more movies like T2 and True Lies instead of this nonsense he seams to have decided to dedicate the rest of his career to!

This a bargain for someone looking for a new set up.

Am still on an epson 9200 with sudu 4k panel from several years back and use it pretty much every weekend for movies. Id imagine this sony is a big step up.
Used to love an upgrade but problem is its past diminishing returns for my older eyes now so cant justify until my current one packs up.

Unfortunaly with second hand value drop that is AV kit in general. Last bit of kit i bought was an anthem amp off AV forums. £3500 new, paid £1400 and it was barly 12 months old. Did the same with all my speaker set up as well. AV gear just dosent hold its value.

Good luck with sale, great set up for a first timer or someone upgrading with younger eyes that can appreciate the image quality properly.

Slightly off topic but re "avatar way of water" tried to watch it last night and had to turn it off after 20 minutes. Like watching a cartoon with no grounding in reality. Complete load of nonsense :)
to think we could have had more movies like T2 and True Lies instead of this nonsense he seams to have decided to dedicate the rest of his career to!
The same thing happened to me with Avatar, I got it on release date and didn't think much of it, then watched it again, have now watched it 3 times !
Have you watched the documentary when James went to the bottom of the ocean, it was 3 times the depth of Titanic which he has spent more time on than anybody.
I picked up the new 4k True Lies code, not watched it yet, I get all my movies on Apple TV now.

Have you tried selling elsewhere Robert? AVforums a good place to start, sold my old Kuro through there a while ago.

I will try it soon, I just put it on here as always have no problems every time I sell a pinball and I know a few of us have pinball in cinema rooms.
Many Thanks

"Have you watched the documentary when James went to the bottom of the ocean"

yeah great documentary that, thankfully he didnt come across any blue smurfs swimming about down there :)

maybe ill give avatar another chance when i have some time.

Back
Top Bottom