What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOLVED: PinballX Quitting to Vpinx Rather Than PinballX Menu When I Quit a Game

Andy B

Site Supporter
Pulling this out as a separate question from my latest 4K Build Log so it does not get lost in and also so it is easier for find if someone having the same issue does a search.

The issue I am having is when I press Quit to leave a game in PinballX the front end quits to VPinX rather than the front end. Then I have to close VpinX and at that point it quits to the front end.

Obviously not right but I can't seem to fix it.

I have VpinX and PinballX set to Full Screen.

Anyone else have a similar issue and can tell me the fix please.

As with many of these issues I am having, I remember having them last time I did a build 3 years ago and fixed it but for the life of me can't rememeber how and I haven't documented the issu or how I fixed it in the log I did of that build as far as I can see (and I've scrolled through all 6 pages of that log).

FIA of any guidance.

Andy

OK. Halfway there with this one:

PinballX sets "Q" as default key for quitting emulator.

So, using ipac programming utility (machine currently has ipac in it but I intend to switch to Pinscape controller). I reprogrmmed the Quit key in the cabinet to Q.

So now I can press the Quit key when I'm playing a game and it will quit to PinballX menu rather than VPinx.

However now I can't quit PinballX using cab buttons, only by pressing ESC on keyboard (that quit button on cab was previously programmes as ESC so that was what was causing the issue of quitting to VPX I guess).

I don't have another spare button on cab so I figured I could program the START button as shift then in iPac programming utility program the QUIT button on cab to be ESC when shifted. Theory being you could press the QUIT button to quit a game and return to PinballX menu and then when in that menu, press START button (AKA shift key) and QUIT button together and, as QUIT button when shifted should have represented pressing the ESC on keyboard it would bring up quit frontend options in PinballX.

Didn't work :-(

So pressing QUIT button on cab when playing a game quits to PinballX menu fine but now I have no way of quitting PinballX (e.g to shut down PC using cab buttons) without pressing ESC on keyboard.

Will update when I've resolved the issue - which I am determined to do!

I always map the escape key.

Press escape when in the menu - it comes up with a menu to shutdown, quit pin x or return.

In Pinball X now - they have a quite emulator key and escape (I think it is down as) - I put them both as ESC.

You do not need more than one EXIT button on your cab.

I always map the escape key.

Press escape when in the menu - it comes up with a menu to shutdown, quit pin x or return.

In Pinball X now - they have a quite emulator key and escape (I think it is down as) - I put them both as ESC.

You do not need more than one EXIT button on your cab.
Thanks. That fixed it Phil.

Programmed QUIT button to be Q key with winipac.

In PinballX assigned Q key as quit game and also for quit emulator.

Also, to stop grandkids pressing QUIT button by accident during a game, enabled “Hold Key To Exit Emulator” in Exit Program section of PinballX so you now have to hold QUIT button down for 6 seconds to quit a game and go back to the PinballX game menu and then QUIT to bring up PinballX exit options.

Attachments

• IMG_1619.jpeg
    IMG_1619.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1620.jpeg
    IMG_1620.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom