What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOLVED: Issues with Elvis (Stern 2004) not playing nicely with PinballX

Andy B

Site Supporter
SOLVED NOW - Turns out it was yet another thing I came across when I did my last build 4 years ago and which I needed a couple of hours Google searching to solve - exactly like I did last time except of course a lot of the links to the answer, no longer work!

So posting up here again in case anyone comes across same issue with Elvis VPX table not working correctly (either the JPSalas one on VPForums or the new MOD one on VPUniverse):

1) Open regedit.

2) Navigate to elvis rom in vpinmame folder - see photo below

3) Change the at9jit value to zero.

Job's a good 'un - at least it was for me - hopefully works for you if you come across the same issue :)

Installing more tables now. Up to 40.

Having problems with Elvis (Stern 2004) and PinballX.

I have tried two versions:

The jpsalas version downloaded from VPForums

and

Elvis (Stern 2004) Mod 2,0 by Chokeee downloaded from VPUniverse

I can get both of them to work in VPX (though I have to edit the script for the MOD version as I am not using the latest beta version of VPX) but as soon as I add them and enable them in PinballX Game Manager they won't load (via PinballX or VPX).

If I go back in to PinballX and untick "enable" in Game Manager then go back to VpinX they play fine again!

After you enable them in Game Manager and close it out it asks you to save and it updates the Visual Pinball game list. Same if you untick "enable" and close out Game Manager it updates the game list when you save.

It's as if PinballX and VPX don't like the updated games list after you enable the tables.

Anyone had similar issues with this table or others for that matter when using PinballX?

Thanks

Andy

Attachments

• Elvis Fix.jpg
    Elvis Fix.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nope !

Name the game to just ELVIS - and knock all the long wording....

I did this with all my games.

Oh and NEVER use the latest version of VPX.

I think 10.6 and 10.7 worked okay for me. 10.8 is buggy as hell.

Cheers Phil.

That didn't work. Still can't access table via PinballX - it renders the table, displays playfield on main screen and backglass on backglass screen but not DMD - that still shows PinballX screen - and then it reverts back to menu. It did resolve the issue of not being able to play it in VPX when enabled in PinballX though. Now I can play it in VPX reagrdless of whether or not it is enabled or not in PinballX - I just can't play it when I access it via the front end.

There was a readme file with the backglass that said the following "ATTENTION: AndyMcDandy has found if your using PinballX, you must say "NO" to the setting under "Display Settings" to auto position the B2S.... again set to NO...." so, with DMD not loading correctly I am wondering if it is this that is the issue. However PinballX does not have a "Display Settings" option that I can see, there's also no auto position B2S in VPX display options either so I'm not sure what "Display Settings" I'm supposed to set to NO to see if that resolves the issue :)

Don’t worry I’m gonna stay well clear of any Beta versions - it’s hard enough getting everything to play nicely together with the latest stable version!

In pinball x I do not use b2s in the front end.

It does slow things down.

If you want to send me a hard drive I can load it up with my pinball x files and all my vpx games....

I'm not using the B2s in the front end. When I say "Enabled" I mean enable the game in PinballX - so it appears in the list of games.

I'll definitely take you up on the offer of the hard drive.

I'll PM you for your address.

Cheers again Phil!

I'm not using the B2s in the front end. When I say "Enabled" I mean enable the game in PinballX - so it appears in the list of games.

I'll definitely take you up on the offer of the hard drive.

I'll PM you for your address.

Cheers again Phil!
Have you got the 'show/hide DMD' box unticked in games manager?

Back
Top Bottom