What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ENDED: Socially distanced new pinball league - everyone welcome!

This is great, refreshing on JD to not be chasing extra balls and just trying to make the most out of the modes. Already been 1 scene away from Wizard Mode with extra balls off!

Here’s my best so far on Judge Dredd (soon to be improved hopefully)

0f49abc2bf23bea6c6f2f0c7ddda459a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiss 1,110,006,130

All on ball 1 and then not much. Only a couple of shots of Kiss Army super 5X.

Also just missed @Replay 's score last night 805 vs 807 GRRRR!! So pleased to get this one today. Still way off Nick.

Attachments

• IMG_20200418_160113.jpg
    IMG_20200418_160113.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20200418_155955.jpg
    IMG_20200418_155955.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20200417_195249.jpg
    IMG_20200417_195249.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 14
Thought I’d play Creech for a while tonight, I’m gonna try again later after a few lockdown beers. 🍺
3 balls no extras and this is quite an average score just to start the Creech compo. I don’t think it’ll be top for long.

DC5D2447-A04A-41D7-9DBC-90FD2B47FAAF.jpeg

Not easy at all.

Well done Andy.

Extra balls off is the 2nd maybe 3rd setting in ‘Adjustments’, ‘Standard Adjustments’ menu mate. Default is 4 (max extra balls), you can change it to 0 and it says Not extra balls’

That was entertaining watching that, also cost me £400 as I have to get a colour DMD for mine now [emoji12]

Extra balls off is the 2nd maybe 3rd setting in ‘Adjustments’, ‘Standard Adjustments’ menu mate. Default is 4 (max extra balls), you can change it to 0 and it says Not extra balls’

That was entertaining watching that, also cost me £400 as I have to get a colour DMD for mine now [emoji12]

It is nice mate but I'm not sure how much I look at it during a game. It tends to be when others are playing that I appreciate it.

Two massive TNG games - thought I’d done enough for top spot and was annoyed when not so four more games then the score below got to warp 9.5!

13e07139b3692d32e0234c8e952256c0.jpg

And claimed the GC back from Ed :)

c1edfa5120ffca6d4d40ab0c01960372.jpg

TNG could do with a rules re-write lots of potential but the value of Borg multiball make that the only show in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Two massive TNG games - thought I’d done enough for top spot and was annoyed when not so four more games then the score below got to warp 9.5!

13e07139b3692d32e0234c8e952256c0.jpg

And claimed the GC back from Ed :)

c1edfa5120ffca6d4d40ab0c01960372.jpg

TNG could do with a rules re-write lots of potential but the value of Borg multiball make that the only show in town.

😂😂 I can't get 4b in a 4 ball game with all the extra balls switched on . . . . I think I'll leave the settings as they are and keep my scores to myself 😉

Outstanding effort though. That being said I don't see that the borg multiball yields that much more than anything else?

😂😂 I can't get 4b in a 4 ball game with all the extra balls switched on . . . . I think I'll leave the settings as they are and keep my scores to myself 😉

Outstanding effort though. That being said I don't see that the borg multiball yields that much more than anything else?

hit the ramp with the upper flipper to send the ball to the side of the Borg ship - 3x jackpot, or just keep hitting the normal jackpot shot every 3/4 are super jacks that are 3x. that's 120Mish.

I think I've had a >2B game 3/4 times >3B twice including this game.

Cheers,
Neil.

hit the ramp with the upper flipper to send the ball to the side of the Borg ship - 3x jackpot, or just keep hitting the normal jackpot shot every 3/4 are super jacks that are 3x. that's 120Mish.

I think I've had a >2B game 3/4 times >3B twice including this game.

Cheers,
Neil.
Cheers Neil, I certainly didn't know about the 3x multiplying feature.

Not as good as the others but I do have lightning flippers to contend with!!

ec33ef1adf8a3079b1983b7110b9dc6a.jpg

At long last, managed a decent score AND remembered to take a picture after 3 balls. The game is still set up as it was at Tilt and I had played an extra ball. This is the end of ball 2.
By the end of ball 3, I had reached the grand total of ..... 407 million. Gutted.
Deadpool obviously.

Attachments

• 20200421_164410.jpg
    20200421_164410.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 22
Hi all.....

As not to exclude members who don’t own a physical pinball or rent one at home, please can we consider allowing submission of scores from virtual tables into the socially distanced league where everyone is welcome?

Many thanks.

Can do - that’s not a problem....
But it defeats the object of everyone being welcome as it currently excludes those of us who don’t (yet) own a physical table.

If the consensus is still no, then I will set up a virtual pinball league thread on here.

Hi all.....

As not to exclude members who don’t own a physical pinball or rent one at home, please can we consider allowing submission of scores from virtual tables into the socially distanced league where everyone is welcome?

Many thanks.

Problem is it's very hard to normalise the virtual games if you're including people with VPins - I was going to suggest a VPin thread along similar lines as this one, but then you've got the issues of which versions of the tables people are running.
For example the are some very new releases on VPX (FS, TOM in particular which are pretty damn close to the real thing) but there are older versions of the same tables that are more like playing pinball on the moon with a pingpong ball and two bananas
To be fair on my VPin the scores I get are broadly similar to what I get on the real games, but mine is pretty dialed in and I'm pretty choosey about what tables I run.

I guess if you stick to TPA, and FX3 then you could do it (In fact I thought there was a thread for that somewhere?)

And TPA etc are fun but they are even more 'video gamey' than a VPin and even less representative of the real thing
Good example - my best ever game on TZ in real life is probably - 200 Mill, my best game of TZ on my VPin is probably 400/500Mill which is probably even-ish bearing in mind I play it nearly every day, and I play the real one when I have a chance (at least thats what I tell myself), best TZ score on TPA on my Kindle Fire - 3.5Billion.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be up for posting some scores of my VPin in a thread somewhere, but I doubt there'd be enough people on here with one to make it worthwhile

Problem is it's very hard to normalise the virtual games if you're including people with VPins - I was going to suggest a VPin thread along similar lines as this one, but then you've got the issues of which versions of the tables people are running.
For example the are some very new releases on VPX (FS, TOM in particular which are pretty damn close to the real thing) but there are older versions of the same tables that are more like playing pinball on the moon with a pingpong ball and two bananas
To be fair on my VPin the scores I get are broadly similar to what I get on the real games, but mine is pretty dialed in and I'm pretty choosey about what tables I run.

I guess if you stick to TPA, and FX3 then you could do it (In fact I thought there was a thread for that somewhere?)

And TPA etc are fun but they are even more 'video gamey' than a VPin and even less representative of the real thing
Good example - my best ever game on TZ in real life is probably - 200 Mill, my best game of TZ on my VPin is probably 400/500Mill which is probably even-ish bearing in mind I play it nearly every day, and I play the real one when I have a chance (at least thats what I tell myself), best TZ score on TPA on my Kindle Fire - 3.5Billion.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be up for posting some scores of my VPin in a thread somewhere, but I doubt there'd be enough people on here with one to make it worthwhile

Thanks Chris - I’ll give it a go. Thanks for your input.

Hi all.....

Many thanks.

No this isn’t a virtual game score thread - if you want this set that thread up. But you are probably better to do that on a virtual pinball forum rather than here.

No this isn’t a virtual game score thread - if you want this set that thread up. But you are probably better to do that on a virtual pinball forum rather than here.

Just post whatever you want to... but as Neil suggests above, you'll get more of a VP audience on a dedicated VP forum.

Let's be SUPER clear - this is only a 'for fun' thread, to kill time while we're doing whatever we're doing during this lurgy thing. Machines could be set-up flat, upside down, elastic bands on outlanes (not guilty!), glass off (makes you a KNOBHEAD though) or frankly any old how - the only rules are no EB's and no bonus points for EB/Special/Reply. Your VP scores will stand out if they're way too high though. It's up to the OP if he chooses to add them to the high score tables. If you set-up your own thread, or use another forum, you can make those calls yourself. .

Can do - that’s not a problem....
But it defeats the object of everyone being welcome as it currently excludes those of us who don’t (yet) own a physical table.

@Benleigh250 I sympathise with you because if you haven't go a machine right now then it does make it hard to join in in this socially distanced pinball league at a time when you can't go and play in other leagues, and, as you say, everyone is meant to be welcome.

So while I think it would be best for you to start a VP league on a VP forum or at least start a new thread here, I don't want you to feel excluded. How about this as a compromise: Why don't you choose your favourite three virtual machines (or fewer, but not more than three) and you can enter your scores on those three machines here. I will then note your virtual scores in the league tables for those three machines beneath the top five real scores. That way you can still compete without it impacting the real score league tables.

Having said that if other people want to post virtual scores then you (or they) will have to start a virtual league elsewhere as I don't think anyone wants this league getting overrun with virtual scores. But as long as it is just Ben with just three virtual scores max I can't see a problem.

I hope that sounds fair. Does anyone else object?

Last edited:
I think let’s open a virtual one too - @Mfresh, it’s all pinball whether it’s VPIN, a real table or whatever. Of course in a league you can’t have it with the real ones, but burrowing it off to another site. I’m not happy with.

Back
Top Bottom