What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, You want to be a better player....

bartron' date=' post: 1685429 said:
Pinball played right is an act of violence.

Violence against that steel ball trying to slip past your flippers . Violence against gravity urging that escape along. Violence against the glass top that contains everything happening within and violence against the wooden casket packed with hundreds of moving parts, lights and noise.

You don't play a pinball machine, you fight one; slapping the buttons to knock back balls, bumping and nudging the machine just enough to cheat missed opportunities, but not enough to trigger a "tilt."

I like this
smile-1.png
Very nice analogy, not that I agree with it, but I still like it.

To me, pinball played right is an act of harmony, not violence. Where an individual and a machine can be so in tune with each other that the ball simply doesn't want to leave. Maybe i'm just a lover and not a fighter
smile-1.png

As per Phil's suggestions further up this post, I've been doing a lot more nudging and changed the way I stand at the machine and my WW game seems to be getting a bit more consistent. Still can't seem to stop the SDTM drain from up near the goal on WCS though :mad:

that's why there's a magna save on WCS

It only seems to work when used to grab a ball moving slowly around near the slings, a drain from the top of the pf is moving too fast for the magna save to grab it......believe me, I have tried
smile-1.png

Back
Top Bottom