What's new

So which pin are people going to get really screwed on?

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
Well we're living in interesting times! Great news that yet another title has been confirmed today but yet again the pre-payment system is being used. Sooner or later one (or more) of the companies is going to go tits up and people are going to get seriously burnt. Any bets on which it will be? Are any Aussies bold/daft enough to pre-pay again after the JJP/Bumper rip off?
If I lost my Predator $200 deposit it's no big deal. Potentially losing 6k on a pre-order would really hurt though. I know in theory all the deposits are refundable but good luck in getting the cash back if it's already spent.
For my money I suspect we'll see the MMr come about and I think the Hobbit will also appear (although it still worries me). As for all the others........
Hope I'm wrong and they all emerge (and I get a chance to play them) but as things stand Stern is the only company you can actually give money to and walk away with a machine from. Hopefully JJP will also be in that situation in 12 months time.

There's no way I'd pre-pay directly with any pin company outside the UK, including Stern if they wanted it, and if I couldn't pay by credit card or another insured payment method, I'd rule out UK suppliers too if I'm honest. Hopefully it's never a problem with all the new start ups, but I'm not one for taking that risk.

Stern had their best year last year. Sales were up over 50%. Unlike all the other companies out there, looks like their cash flow is solid. No way can the market support the amount of pinballs being built. There's gold in them there hills:D

This -

http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/faq

Back
Top Bottom