What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So I was replacing a fuse holder....

cooldan

i like pizza
It's a Data East, so typically enough some of the fuse holders have splayed their legs out - you press on any DE fuse and cross your fingers, and usually at least one is knackered and - as Clay calls it, will "Y out".

So I did this and two of the need to be replaced. I have some I got from The Legend and have done it before so it's no disaster.

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_10_05_ea0025fd284ff7a6538e3b79e19d8fc2.jpg

But when I turned the board over, I wasn't expecting to see this :

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_10_05_3b9a2fa9bc1eb3bab749b1dfa58794e0.jpg

That's right. Some kind soul has soldered these fuse holders together so no more game stops caused by pesky fuse blowing. Nice. The only other work done on the back seems to be replacing the BR, so I can only assume the guy did it as some kind of futureproofing.

OMFG!!!! :eek:

Fuses are a pain in the proverbials, so lets just bypass them!!

9 out of 10 smoking coils are caused by over-fusing / wrapping the fuse in tinfoil / soldering across the fuse holder etc

Every machine I have ever bought has at least one or two wrong or bypassed fuses, sometimes several wrong. The good old operators will stick in any fuse just to get the game running

Back
Top Bottom