What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Snackbar Mod & Open Sign

Everything is ordered for the first batch of 30 signs so around 2-3 weeks everything will be ready to post out, then on to the next batch of 30 kits.

Chat soon

Jady

A Updated manual is now available for the OPEN Sign Mod, and the first 30 signs are under way now. These will be mostly made with Pink lighting but have limited stock of Blue, Green and Red - though Blue is almost all allocated. The manual can be found here so you can preview the mod and it is a simple one to install and works with all versions of the Snackbar Mod. https://swinks.com.au/manuals

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 6.22.28 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 6.22.28 pm.png
    251.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Update

Snackbars
- almost finished painting another batch of allocated Snackbars as many people are wanting the Snackbars with the new Open Signs. 5 coats done and 2-3 coats left to do .

Open Signs
- have the hardware and lighting for 100 kits now and the professionally printing parts will roll out and be ordered in batches of 30 at a time - 1st batch of 30 will be ready to go approx in about 2 weeks - which is about 8 of you

The UK guys getting the Snackbar and Signs - yours will be ready in about 5 weeks time.

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpeg
    IMG_0053.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0068.jpeg
    IMG_0068.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Update 20-2-23

- Well all the parts arrived over the weekend and today BUT for the back inserts / main mount they printed v1's and not v2's.

- The 4 testers that received OPEN Sign v1's got a full replacement OPEN Sign v2 Mod which internally including the back mount changed a quite a bit. The company was very apologetic and now doing the OPEN Sign back insert / main mount latest version as a high priority and sending asap. The v1 mounts are throw aways and can't be used which has now caused a delay on delivering these.

- I should get the back / main mounts by this time next week (Monday 27th Feb).

- I told them to delete all v1 files so this never happens again.

I am so very sorry for the delays guys that are waiting on me.

The good news the people in this batch of 30 and the next batch of 30 that also ordered a Snackbar Mod - these are all done and boxed ready to go as well as a few Poster Mods for a few people.

Of the parts that are good: the sign housing / resin inserts / and back covers - the inserts fitted perfectly and I have also made all the lighting kits so once the back inserts turn up it will be a 24hr turn around period to sending these out.

Sorry once again
Jady

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpeg
    IMG_0108.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 7
These things happen Jady, whilst I am excited to get the mod, a delay of a few weeks gives me more time to be ready to fit it when it arrives.

Ok for the UK guys, something to think about....

The mod is fairly small and does not weigh alot. The minimum amount to send a sign mod is $30AUD + insurance ($4 per $100) for up to 250grams. Postage for the next bracket is $36 + insurance for up to 500grams.

Removing the box and packaging weight I can fit approx 4 x Sign mods for that postal cost to stay under 250gram and about another 6 - 8 kits for the next weight bracket. Not sure if a few of you live close by so then you can share the postage in one box and split the postage. Or send to one person and they on send to the rest for a small fee sorted out by your guys.

Something to think about.

Note: this does not include the guys wanting a snackbar mod and sign mod.
I'm purchasing a sign mod, is there any interest in coming in on shared postage with me?

I've not heard what batch I'm in yet though.

Chris

The Pinball Info people for Batch 1 are:
- Stumblor
- Carl Newitt
- Ped
- replicas
- crsedgar
- Calimori
- Toxteth O'grady
- Biglan
- Annualman

hope that helps anyone that wants to team up and share the postage.

you guys can reach out to each other and then if some of you are fairly close I can give you a shared price and I just ask that just 1 person from the group pays for the group and not multiple part payments for one package

Jady

In batch 2 the following people are:
- Pinhead1982
- Kris Boag
- Lecari
- Ant-H

but the last 3 people are getting a snackbar as well so there is no real advantage to sharing due to weight and value

LASTLY - taxes

I don't charge taxes but I know most of Europe cop a import tax based on the value of the goods.

Yes I can adjust the value if this is also your situation BUT for the declaration the goods can only be insured for the declared value so if something were to go wrong that is your risk though over 8 years I have never lost a package (though nearly did but recently found). Also if you go a reduced value it is a friends and family payment only.

hope that helps

Hopefully this gives you an idea of costs to see what you want to do.

The 2 attachments show a single customer and then multiple customers as a starting point. Add the Green / Cyan and Yellow OR Red for your final tally.

All figures are in Aus Dollars and does not include a discount off the sign mod if you purchased a snackbar directly off me - though is most people.

Hope that helps

Jady

Attachments

• Single Customer.png
    Single Customer.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Multiple Customers.png
    Multiple Customers.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 16
Certainly seems to make sense to try and combine - significantly cheaper from OZ - will work best if only needs to go to 2 or three UK addresses after arrival of main package - as Royal Mail will be £4 each I expect.

Happy to help with a group ship. Are you any of you southerners near each other?

Mike

Update 28-2-23

Batch of 30

- we are so close and while my parts / your parts left last Friday it has been a slower trip than normal...
- estimated delivery is for tomorrow so all going well look out for payment options being sent to you tomorrow night - currently will all be individual mail outs as have not heard of any groupings
- then will send Thurs / Fri and early next week - but depends on how quick people pay - but will send out in order or payments coming in.

Then for the next batch I will start sending messages over the weekend to finalise what colour lighting you prefer and I will be ordering all the professional printed parts by the end of the week for delivery in about 3 weeks time and so on.

cheers

Jady

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 7.57.30 am.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 7.57.30 am.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 6
@Toxteth O'Grady sorry I missed you from the last post you still up for combined postage from OZ?

I've looked at Jady's spreadsheet if my maths is right costs are;

3 people £8-9 each
4 people £6-7 each

Plus we split whatever import tax and handling fees.

If you were going solo you're looking at £19-22 plus any import charges.

I recently sent Rudi a BSD coffin plinth with £100 insurance via Evri for £5.78 so unless our paths are crossing at a show I'd just send on your items, I have small boxes and some packaging so no coast to myself you'd just have to cover the Evri charges.

Parts turned up a day early, yeah...

So now finally have all the parts for the first batch of 30 OPEN signs, I will be in touch with the first batch people in the next 24hrs and these will all be ready to send out tomorrow subject to payment and time....

Attachments

• IMG_0125.jpeg
    IMG_0125.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0126.jpeg
    IMG_0126.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 11
ok , I will be sending through the payment quotes in the next 30minutes for:
- stumblor
- ped
- replicas
- crsedgar / Annualman / Toxteth O'Grady / Calimori (as a bundle)
- Biglan

Update 2-3-23
- batch of 30 completed
- 19 kits have left
- 11 kits waiting for payment
across multiple forums

next batch
- will reaching out to the next 30 people in the next 2 days
- led filament ordered and will be ordering the professionally printed parts tonight
- start preparing wiring early next week
- those that ordered snackbars - they are all ready and boxed

Back
Top Bottom