What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Snackbar Mod & Open Sign

I fitted up 4 kits today

Photo 1 - Here are the raw parts no assembled.
Photo 2 - Here are the raw parts with an assembled kit below
Photo 3 - Here is a kit with no lights activated
Photo 4 - Here is a kit with lights activated

Attachments

• IMG_8958.JPG
    IMG_8958.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8958.JPG
    IMG_8958.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8968.JPG
    IMG_8968.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8969.JPG
    IMG_8969.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 5
I got a number of colours in stock (limited amounts) and prefer to make these in just one colour only.

So what colour do people prefer - and the colour with the most votes will be the final but also factoring in feedback from Pinside Forum and Facebook. That said I am happy to supply and install a colour that I have in stock when I come to assembling your mod. Personally the blue looks good but too much blues in my opinion, the Pink and Green both look very nice and would be my pick.

Sorry the led colour is a little washed out so struggling to get the best picture but this gives you an idea.

Photo 1 & 2 - Pink
Photo 3 & 4 - Blue
Photo 5 & 6 - Green
Photo 7 & 8 - Red

Attachments

• IMG_8960.JPG
    IMG_8960.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8961.JPG
    IMG_8961.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8962.JPG
    IMG_8962.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8963.JPG
    IMG_8963.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8964.JPG
    IMG_8964.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8965.JPG
    IMG_8965.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8966.JPG
    IMG_8966.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8967.JPG
    IMG_8967.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 10
Pricing starts as follows not including postage payment (costs increase if you want to pay via Merchandise Paypal):

Option 1 - $135 AUD - Discounted as you are purchasing with a Snackbar Mod or have purchased a Snackbar Mod in the past directly from Swinks Pinball. I have records of all sales to cross check against.

Option 2 - $142.50 AUD - Stand-alone mod or to go with a Snackbar Mod you purchased from someone else / NOT from Swinks Pinball.

I have made 4 x proto-type kits that will go out to already determined testers to install and double check performance before ordering a heap of these.

The Kit will come with:
- 1 x Sign (planning for pink lighting)
- 1 x 2mm Allen Key (not that you will need it but may down the track)
- 1 x Comet 12" Lead with a 150 ohm Resistor added to drop the 6.3-6.7vdc voltage to under 3vdc
- 1 x Comet Adaptor Bulb to still light up under the games plastic or Snackbar plus also the adaptor lead to power the mod
- 1 x Comet Stern Spike Polarity swap lead - Comet #44 sockets are actually reversed polarity so prefer to wire the led wire correctly and install the polarity swap lead as an option to remove in case your games polarity is different

Postage Cost guide just for this part is including the box and packaging starts at:
Aus - $15 AUD
USA / Canada - $25 AUD
Europe - $30 AUD

includes standard postage, tracking and insurance up to $100, and add another $4 for full insurance
express postage is a little more and includes a signature on delivery

Reactions: Ped
I got a number of colours in stock (limited amounts) and prefer to make these in just one colour only.

So what colour do people prefer - and the colour with the most votes will be the final but also factoring in feedback from Pinside Forum and Facebook. That said I am happy to supply and install a colour that I have in stock when I come to assembling your mod. Personally the blue looks good but too much blues in my opinion, the Pink and Green both look very nice and would be my pick.

Sorry the led colour is a little washed out so struggling to get the best picture but this gives you an idea.

Photo 1 & 2 - Pink
Photo 3 & 4 - Blue
Photo 5 & 6 - Green
Photo 7 & 8 - Red
pink i think

23-12-22 Update

4 x Proto-Signs have been sent out to pinheads in Australia (x1), USA (x2), Netherlands (x1) - these guys will install and take a heap of photos for me so I can then complete a manual.

Also I should have given credit to one Aussie Pinhead earlier than now (sorry mate) - Thanks Darren, who approached me in regards to the OPEN Sign idea who asked me to consider this concept, sent me a sketch and helped with a few photos and measurements and the rest is history a month later we have the above as I happen to have some lighting spare and the art work I did for the Snackbar Decal to carry it through on to the sign.

Where to from here:
- I will mock up a manual and allow for some gaps so the guys can help me with a number of install photos
- get there constructive feedback on any improvements for design and install
- see if I can improve the price any more
- make the required changes to the design and then start ordering - hoping to order first batch of 10 kits at the end of Jan and then should be 25 kits per 3 weeks after the first 10

Have a great Christmas break everyone
Cheers
Jady

Attachments

• CFTBL - Products 1.png
    CFTBL - Products 1.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 15
  • CFTBL - Products 2.png
    CFTBL - Products 2.png
    134.5 KB · Views: 14
1st OPEN Sign Mod arrived to an Aussie Tester (1 of 4) and he was happy with the design, 10 minute install without instructions, nice colour intensity and definitely shows when the Snackbar is open.

Attachments

• Open Sign v1.1.jpg
    Open Sign v1.1.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Open Sign v1.2.jpg
    Open Sign v1.2.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Open Sign v1.3.jpg
    Open Sign v1.3.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 27
Update - 3-1-23
- currently gone through all the previous records and identified what versions people have
- 6 people want to get a snackbar and sign
- 15 people are not on my records so assume they purchased via the 2nd market or via a on sold game and hopefully not caught by 2 different copies / fakes that are getting around.

I will be in touch first with the 15 people not on my records to fill in the blanks and get in touch with everyone else while waiting for testers to get back to me.
I am going to refine the design a fraction in the mount and at the back to make a few slight improvements and then will get into production.
cheers
Jady

Update - 3-1-23
- currently gone through all the previous records and identified what versions people have
- 6 people want to get a snackbar and sign
- 15 people are not on my records so assume they purchased via the 2nd market or via a on sold game and hopefully not caught by 2 different copies / fakes that are getting around.

I will be in touch first with the 15 people not on my records to fill in the blanks and get in touch with everyone else while waiting for testers to get back to me.
I am going to refine the design a fraction in the mount and at the back to make a few slight improvements and then will get into production.
cheers
Jady
I’d guess I’m one of the ones that are not on your records, although I did deal with you for roof sign back in 2019. I have v1 of the snackbar.

Ok for the UK guys, something to think about....

The mod is fairly small and does not weigh alot. The minimum amount to send a sign mod is $30AUD + insurance ($4 per $100) for up to 250grams. Postage for the next bracket is $36 + insurance for up to 500grams.

Removing the box and packaging weight I can fit approx 4 x Sign mods for that postal cost to stay under 250gram and about another 6 - 8 kits for the next weight bracket. Not sure if a few of you live close by so then you can share the postage in one box and split the postage. Or send to one person and they on send to the rest for a small fee sorted out by your guys.

Something to think about.

Note: this does not include the guys wanting a snackbar mod and sign mod.

Update 7-1-23
- 3 of the 4 testers have received and installed their v1's of the sign and issued photos & feedback. The 4th is heading to The Netherlands so will take alittle longer to get there
- overall the feedback was good - the sign fitted and suited the location and did not obstruct any views of anything and all testers were happy with the look and function telling you when the snackbar was open.
- the one negative which I knew might be an issue was the heatshrink over the end of the filament wire as I wanted to strengthen it but was a little restrictive for installation and routing the cable past the ramp switch.

Improvements
- so I have now redesigned v2 of the OPEN sign mod 3 times over the last few days to improve and refine the design in a number of ways.
- the sign font remained the same
- the sign width remained the same
- the depth of the main body increased from 10-11mm deep
- the main body now slides over the mount bracket and anchored with a screw
- the LED filament wire and comet wires are now restrained differently in the back with a small cover now covering the wiring allowing just the comet extension wire to exit. This removed the need for heavy heatshrink and much better flexibility of the exiting wire making installation much easier.

Where to from here
- 50 sets of LED filament has been ordered but will take a 3-4 weeks
- 100 sets of comet wiring ordered and in the post
- ordering 5 sets of OPEN Sign v2 parts (was 3 parts and now 4 parts) on Monday 9th Jan so should have in 2-3 weeks
- once the 5 sets are in I will assemble and check that 100%. I will offer 4 sets to the testers and any that are not wanted will be offered to the first people on the list
- then I will order 25 sets roughly ever 3 weeks to get currently 80 people their mods.

Sign Lighting colouring:
- I will predominatly make these in pink and no money up front until ready to post out.
- I will offer red, blue and green but will ask for payment up front before installing into the mod - but will be limited to what I have in stock.

I will be in touch with everyone soon to see what colour they prefer, if they want any other parts and any postal details they still need to provide.

Here is the OPEN Sign v2 re-design

Attachments

• Open Sign v2-1.png
    Open Sign v2-1.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Open Sign v2-2.png
    Open Sign v2-2.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Open Sign v2-3.png
    Open Sign v2-3.png
    56 KB · Views: 4
  • Open Sign v2-4.png
    Open Sign v2-4.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 4
4th tester got his mod and installed and was very happy with the design and look / function as well as a heap of pictures as have the 3 other testers - can now finish the manual.

Attachments

• image26.jpeg
    image26.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 19
  • image30.jpeg
    image30.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 18
Update 19-1-23 - on the OPEN Sign Mod, all the parts will be arriving any day now for revision 2 of the sign - 10 kits worth. Once assembled and happy, I will be hopefully be going full steam ahead on these. Will be chatting to some people early on the list soon.

Attachments

• IMG_8960.JPG
    IMG_8960.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 3
hi everyone,

batch 1 (10 kits) has arrived, assembled and very happy with them and all sent out.

I am tallying up everything and getting peoples info to finalise the ordering for parts.

There are 9 x pinball info / UK guys in this next batch of 25 kits - so keep an eye out for you message.

This is the message sent out.

Hi there

I am just touching base with everyone on the list - currently 80 and will be doing runs of 25 at a time, to confirm the below:

1 - can you confirm you still want the OPEN Sign mod - YES / NO

2 - can you let me know what colour lighting you want in the mod- keeping mind I ordered mainly pink with a few blues, reds and greens - so be quick as some colours are limited - PINK / BLUE / GREEN / RED

3 - if you want anything else (see attachment) as I will have to order some items as I only ever keep 10 items in stock, otherwise it will be priority people get what I have in stock first. This is a mass post out message so please ignore if you already have the parts you want.

4 - confirm your personal details as while I check your original snackbar purchase I do not know if you have moved / details changed.
- full name
- address
- phone number

All dollars quoted are Australian dollars so when you consider the mod/s take into account the exchange rate.

A rough guide for packaging / postage / full insurance is:
- within Australia - starting from $15AUD
- to USA / Canada - starting from $24AUD
- to Europe - starting from $29AUD
Note: if you want additional items that may increase the postage a little due to the extra weight and insurance ($4 per $100)

My goal is once I here back from people I will order over this weekend and then in approx 3 weeks time (approx mid Feb) I will start shipping the first 25 kits out.

Thanks for your interest and support.

NOTE: if for whatever reason you do not want this mod anymore, please just let me know as I will understand and I can offer your position to the next person on the list.

Cheers

Jady

Attachments

• CFTBL - Products 1.png
    CFTBL - Products 1.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 1
  • CFTBL - Products 2.png
    CFTBL - Products 2.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom