What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Snackbar Mod & Open Sign

update 11-11-20

mods (27-36) are curing and will have decals and lighting installed this weekend. I have sent a heads up email to those people just now, so expect a final tally sheet sent this weekend. Once paid they will be ready to post out early next week.

mods (37-46) have started - holes tapped, and undercoating started, all lighting has arrived and signage assembled. I have sent a heads up email to those people just now to watch for a pm with more info early next week. Aiming to have these ready to send out end of November to hopefully arrive by Xmas / New Years ????.

mods (47-56) + very last no:57 is for me for keeps sake - aim to have finished by Christmas - will send a email so you know that you are not forgotten.

Last edited:
at this stage looks like 4 will be leftover but 15 people have messaged me so with be made available in a first in best dressed grab - aiming to make available for between boxing day and new years day

Jady

Update 14-11-12
10 mods (No: 27-36) finished, tested and ready for packing, with another 10 (No: 37-46) with undercoating started.
I will send out payment info in the next day to the 10 people getting these.
cheers
Jady

Attachments

• IMG_4617.JPG
    IMG_4617.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 22
Update 22-11-20

- Mods 37-46 - 2 coats of blue on the top left to go (all going well) and then 7 days of curing before decals and final assembly.
- future mod owners of No:37-46 would of got there pm of postage options and request for final postage details in the last hour - please respond in the next 5 days otherwise you risk be bumped.

If you no longer want the mod - no worries - there are lots of people keen - please just let me know, thanks.

cheers
Jady

Last edited:
Update 29-11-20

- Final messages sent out to future owners of No:37-46 for postage options, addresses etc
- No:37-46 are curing for a few more days before applying decals and final assembly
- final signage assembly - completed 10 of the 21 units

look out for payment requests in 3-4 days, and then I am on to the last 11 units with my goal to finish a few days before Christmas.

cheers

Jady

Attachments

• IMG_4698.JPG
    IMG_4698.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 18
Update 6-12-20

- No:37-46 are finished and messages sent out to the new owners in the last hour via forum messages
- No:47-57 will be starting in the next 1-2 days - sorry running a little behind my plan. 6 are currently spoken for, and 4 will be made available sometime between Xmas and new years (goal) for a first in gets one, and last one ever (11th) is mine for safe keeping and for my display.

Attached photo shows No:37-46 ready and also the next 11 Snackbars in solid nylon after MJF printing ready to be worked on.

cheers

Jady

PS - Have an awesome and safe Christmas everyone and thanks for the support this year and previous years as well and I wish you and your families a great 2021.

Attachments

• IMG_4720.JPG
    IMG_4720.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 19
All the mods have now left and being received and a few people that missed out requested an alternative in which I was working on and now released as finished assembly and a manual.

Snack Bar Sign Mod (sign only mod)

Here is the link to the parts. note: you only need one of the base mounts with or without the detachable post.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinkssnackbarsolo

Here is the manual for the Snack Bar Sign Mod (sign only mod).

Attachments

• Snack Bar Sign Mod.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 4
This is incredibly generous of you Jady - great that people can still have the ability to make their own Snackbar mod. I have that many people asking, believe me!! :)

It is incredibly generous. I can't help but feel a bit sad in this moment though. I bought one of the first v1 runs many many years ago. I'm sure Jady has the date somewhere in his extensive notes. Now, I've bought one of the last v5 runs. It's the end of an era.

It took me too many years to buy my own Surfer and Creech. i guess @swinks got tired of waiting for me. His Surfer and a Creech are now a memory. I do like that GB of his though. :)

Thank you Jady for your dedication to the Snackbar mod these past years. Still the best mod I've ever bought TWICE!

thanks @Fifty for your kind words, much appreciated and as the years go by there is less feedback so I always hoped people liked and were happy with them

- you are correct it is a sad moment to have stopped but already a few people keen to do kits are now saying "boy there is alot involved" they realise why it chewed up alot of time. But I intend to do some game play mods for GB and I have a few electronic mods coming soon plus I want to create a few arcade games and hope to one day be a full time business so somethings have to give sadly. But while I can afford to have a website and selling the odd few things the resources will be available for others to potential do a scratch build Snackbar.

- and yes you are correct I keep certain records and v1 was sent to you on the 12th June 2015 :)

- as for games, if I had the space and money I wouldn't sell any, unfortunately not

thanks for the support guys

Jady

Last edited:
It has been a while but while I said I wouldn't make any more Snackbars, circumstances required me to start them up as a while back had hand surgery and took a bit longer to get back up but forced out of a job due to the long healing time, currently studying and well bills to pay while working on something bigger. This thread initially was v5's and then stopped to allow to go on to other things and then made provision for people to do a v6 kit build.

Stopping to go on to something else did not really pan out like I hoped coupled with alot of requests decided to make more plus open up the vault for some other CFTBL Mods / Parts.

So have 4 x Snackbar Mods (2 with the purple lighting sign and 2 with the blue / uv lighting sign) in stock plus some other gear.

Attachments

• IMG_8689.JPG
    IMG_8689.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8561.JPG
    IMG_8561.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 5
  • v7 kit-1.JPG
    v7 kit-1.JPG
    191.4 KB · Views: 5
Just been speaking with Jady on another item, he sent me a link to some of the other stuff he does wow! Have a look if you get a chance, there’s some great stuff, that I wasn’t aware of. I really like the marshal amp plunger with volume switch! But I don’t have a music pin at the moment website is easy to navigate and mods are listed by machine.

Thanks Tony,

the 'Wants New' page details the latest note worthy parts and new work like the Pin-Ability Kit and I do some design work for Hooked on Pinball as well as a local UK pin head - Jon

also just finished 5 x CFTBL Poster Mods for the back rhs corner, which connects to 2 different light features and also comes with 8 different posters to swap out for variety

Attachments

• 310606884_1497749264081568_5310685699483994603_n.jpg
    310606884_1497749264081568_5310685699483994603_n.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 311832071_1497844994071995_3970094629868466852_n.jpg
    311832071_1497844994071995_3970094629868466852_n.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8546 2.JPG
    IMG_8546 2.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8545.JPG
    IMG_8545.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 24
I proto-typed a OPEN sign for CFTBL to connect to the feature light so when the Snackbar is open the dome use to flash and stay lit. But with recent versions of the Snackbar v3-v7 you can't see this now with the OPEN sign with the same font as the Snackbar decal and Snackbar Sign it will glow up like the SnackBar sign.

It is hard to get a good photo colour wise
A - because I am crap at it and
B - leds are hard to capture the true colour.

The led wire still needs some heat shrink over the wires so the glow does not come out the back. But once assembled here there is no need to pull apart but is designed so it can. The sign will come with a lead and COMET bulb adaptor so it can be lit when the feature comes on.

Still got to work out the final price (between $130-150 AUD) and finish testing, but send me a message if you are interested. Priority will be given to those that reach out in the order of who reached out when.

swinks.pinball@gmail.com

Email Subject - OPEN Sign

9CEE3D11-7DA6-457C-A815-7606EE04BD44_1_105_c.jpeg62BB3F0C-DAE3-4793-AE63-886DED0E74E0_1_105_c.jpegE51F93A3-1521-44D0-AD3F-90A6DB7A39DA_1_105_c.jpeg2FE7BB71-502E-49F4-AA6A-D22F639CC25D_1_105_c.jpegFE729104-1FFA-4EF6-8D9B-668A87F0E9C4_1_105_c.jpeg
Still got to work out the final price (between $130-150 AUD) and finish testing, but send me a message if you are interested. Priority will be given to those that reach out in the order of who reached out when.

swinks.pinball@gmail.com

I proto-typed a OPEN sign for CFTBL to connect to the feature light so when the Snackbar is open the dome use to flash and stay lit. But with recent versions of the Snackbar v3-v7 you can't see this now with the OPEN sign with the same font as the Snackbar decal and Snackbar Sign it will glow up like the SnackBar sign.

It is hard to get a good photo colour wise
A - because I am crap at it and
B - leds are hard to capture the true colour.

The led wire still needs some heat shrink over the wires so the glow does not come out the back. But once assembled here there is no need to pull apart but is designed so it can. The sign will come with a lead and COMET bulb adaptor so it can be lit when the feature comes on.

swinks.pinball@gmail.com

View attachment 189144View attachment 189145View attachment 189148View attachment 189147View attachment 189146

swinks.pinball@gmail.com

Love it!

I'll take one Jady 👍

Back
Top Bottom