What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SM- peoples Settings

Dave Bishop

Site Supporter
Had SM about 2 weeks now. And from
What I remember from playing it in the Pub was that it was pretty hard.

After a few games I got to Super Hero..
and the game after I installed the Color DMD got Battle Royal

Game was set on MEDIUM settings, I have now installed X HARD, ball save down to 10 Secs,
Need to put the outlanes up one(currently at the lowest)
Anything else to make the game harder?

Had SM about 2 weeks now. And from
What I remember from playing it in the Pub was that it was pretty hard.

After a few games I got to Super Hero..
and the game after I installed the Color DMD got Battle Royal

Game was set on MEDIUM settings, I have now installed X HARD, ball save down to 10 Secs,
Need to put the outlanes up one(currently at the lowest)
Anything else to make the game harder?

Outlines should make a huge difference!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Setting games to hard/difficult is one of the first things I do, since when once I’ve “done” the game I rapidly lose interest for whatever reason. Also started getting tables like iron man that are very challenging.

I’ve not noticed the outlines being very mean so assume they’re set fairer - which I did to iron man!

it's not unknown for some Tournament games to have the out lane posts and center post between the flippers removed... If you really want difficult..! :thumbs:

Mine has the post fitted, already thinking it should come out.

Post is a factory fit so in my view it should stay :) even though it screws me every time a ball hits it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had one lotr with and one without. Playing other pins before and after I forget it’s there, then take it for granted it’s on other tables!

ball save down to 10 Secs

DOWN to 10 seconds :eek:

There's no need for a ball save whatsoever on SM.

From the plunge the ball is directly under your control, via the top flipper.

In fact it is one of the games where it is possible to get multiball without ever losing control of the ball as the shots required all feed directly to a flipper for 2 different multiballs.

Last edited:
Agree with comments about the center post, which is why I also mentioned outland posts... They make a massive difference...

Mine has the post fitted, already thinking it should come out.
Just remove the rubber, no need to remove the whole post and leave a hole in the playfield.

SM is a long playing game without doubt. Made more so by how easy it is to keep multiballs running one after the other.

Simplest setting change to make without completely ruining the game is to make the locks for BlackSuit MB hard (or extra hard), no need to change any other software settings.

Outlanes open and/or rubbers removed will take care of the rest.

I hate it when tournament machines are set up that severe that they take any enjoyment out of the game, and you have to grind your way to scores.

http://tiltforums.com/t/overly-brutal-set-ups-on-tournament-games/3904/156

Here's a topic over on Tilt about it.

Just remove the rubber, no need to remove the whole post and leave a hole in the playfield.

SM is a long playing game without doubt. Made more so by how easy it is to keep multiballs running one after the other.

Simplest setting change to make without completely ruining the game is to make the locks for BlackSuit MB hard (or extra hard), no need to change any other software settings.

Outlanes open and/or rubbers removed will take care of the rest.

I hate it when tournament machines are set up that severe that they take any enjoyment out of the game, and you have to grind your way to scores.

http://tiltforums.com/t/overly-brutal-set-ups-on-tournament-games/3904/156

Here's a topic over on Tilt about it.
I agree Wayne. The game is what it is. It’s how it was designed, live with it. Long ball times are par for the course on SM, it’s what you do with it whilst it is in play that counts.

@Dave Bishop

What sort of scores are you getting on the game ?

Post is a factory fit so in my view it should stay :) even though it screws me every time a ball hits it!

FYI. hi Neil,
It's not always fitted from the factory, we have seen about half a dozen without. (No hole just a dimple marking the spot to drill). Every table I have serviced for customers have all asked for one to be put in if it's not there ......(sm still remains one of my all time favourite tables by the way.....).........:):thumbs:

@roadshow16 what's your top score?

To be fair, it's definitely the game that I have put the most hours in on. Top score was 2.8 Billion. Had a 2.6 Billion game on Neil's Spidey as well.

The absolute key to getting the really really big scores is to have an incredible ball once you have completed super hero. The 250M completion is super nice, but the absolute brilliance of Lyman's coding is that after completing super hero the entire play field is at 2x for the remainder of that ball. The normal feeling of YEEEEESSSSS IVE COMPLETED THE GAME!!! usually means that you drain almost immediately after that. However on Spidey this is the moment you have to go into the next gear!

So if you multiply dock ock or the right ramp at 3x on that ball, you are actually getting the super jackpot or Royale Jackpot (if you can make it back to Battle Royale) at 6x value which can be ****ing huge!!

My ultimate aim was to try and get all the way back and finish Super Hero for a second time on the same ball to see that 500M collect!

I never managed it although I did manage to do a double Super Hero completion on that 2.8B game.

Back
Top Bottom