What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slingshot kicker - distance from the rubber

Capnbirdseye

Registered
I have a Williams STTNG, the two slingshots under the cannons are rather weak, it's not the settings of the contacts as they fire readily enough but it seems the push lever is not close enough to the rubber so half the energy is lost before it pushes the rubber.

My only other pin- (a Demolition man) has the levers just touching the rubber so the rebound is powerful but on STTNG they are at least 10mm away. Is this normal or is there some kind of adjustment ?

The only adjustment is the sensitivity of the switch contacts

Folk did all sorts of weird stuff to pinballs back in the day, anything to get them going again. It might have the wrong plungers, or wrong coil stops ....

I would take photos so you know what goes where. Strip one slingshot from each game and compare the parts.

I automatically rebuild the slingshots on every system 11 and WPC game I now buy. New arms, new plunger and links, new coil sleeves. It usually makes a big difference. Really sharpens up the game

I had pathetic slingshots on my banzai run. It turned out that it had the wrong plungers in, they were too long so did not offer enough travel. The links were also worn and the pivot points were quite pitted

The only adjustment is the sensitivity of the switch contacts

Folk did all sorts of weird stuff to pinballs back in the day, anything to get them going again. It might have the wrong plungers, or wrong coil stops ....

I would take photos so you know what goes where. Strip one slingshot from each game and compare the parts.

I automatically rebuild the slingshots on every system 11 and WPC game I now buy. New arms, new plunger and links, new coil sleeves. It usually makes a big difference. Really sharpens up the game

I had pathetic slingshots on my banzai run. It turned out that it had the wrong plungers in, they were too long so did not offer enough travel. The links were also worn and the pivot points were quite pitted
You beat me to it David was going to say the same thing ,but I have a splinter in my finger which I use to tap on the key board :D

Thanks guys, I think perhaps I should buy a refurb kit for both sides if I can find them, a quick look shows the availability of flipper refurb kits but not slingshot kicker kits ?

II think your right, a full kit is not needed as the brackets are not likely to have any problems,
a new plunger & sleeve + kicker arm maybe is all I need. also perhaps new leaf switches as they do look rather tired

Back
Top Bottom