What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skip Fighter 2

jack burton

Registered
So I got a Street Fighter 2 in the same week I got my STTNG. So SF2 went to one side while I was doing some other things in my garage

Stored in a damp garage for who knows how long, cut power lead and with severe backbox damage I got it really cheap so decided to take a gamble

I was chipping away at it and getting the PF stripped and I'm at the point now where I need to ask everyone here should I keep going or make myself a cool new coffee table. So far I havnt put any money into this and I'm wondering if its going to be a money pit? If this was a MB or MM I would get stuck in and get it back up and running but since its what it is I'm wondering if its worth my time. What does a restored SF2 go for? £1000?

I dont have a tumbler or bench polisher so I'd have to pick them up, thats a big expense straight away

Firstly the bad

EVERY piece if metal will need to be polished
A lot of post screws have snapped off on the PF
Speaker looks to be ****ed
Car in the bottom pf is smashed
Multiple scoop damage on the pf
Backbox has some paint flecks on it
Hinge woodwork need to be completely rebuilt
Lots of the lamp holders are rusted
Wear on the upper pf
Its ****ing filthy
Cab is damaged on the underside
Its dead, with a new tested plug
Slingshots seem to be siezed up
Will need a ton of new parts

Some good

Cab art is nice
Boards all look to be in great condition

Have a few pictures attached so ye can all take a look

2015-10-07 13.48.20.jpg 2015-10-07 13.55.01.jpg 2015-10-07 13.55.19.jpg 2015-10-07 13.55.24.jpg 2015-10-08 09.46.05.jpg 2015-10-29 17.34.13.jpg 2015-10-30 12.05.50.jpg 2015-11-01 16.26.22.jpg 2015-11-02 16.30.43.jpg 2015-11-04 21.45.53.jpg

Think this is one for the skip?

I done a worse one! ended up buying another mostly populated playfield due to rusted parts, if it was cheap and one you want go for it, if not probably more profit and easier to sell as parts, DMD for instance £100 right away.

Ronnie

I done a worse one! ended up buying another mostly populated playfield due to rusted parts, if it was cheap and one you want go for it, if not probably more profit and easier to sell as parts, DMD for instance £100 right away.

Ronnie

Well I was adding up a costs of parts there and its coming in very expensive.

Thinking I might just sell the parts and put the money into one of my better machines or even into the new concrete floor for my garage

Thinking I might just sell the parts

how much do you get for parting out a game anyway? i've not done it yet but figured probably something like this -
boardset (BWS or DE) i dunno, £200?
DMD maybe 2nd hand prices £80?
transformer, trough, drop target reset mech, any coin mechs, speakers, trim, legs, glass, coils - £100 the lot?
any other game specific bits like plastics i suppose may be worth something if you have a buyer, but i'm guessing that an average title parted out brings in about £350-400?

who's done it and can give some tips. nobody like the idea of killing a game, but sometimes you have a game with missing bits that are completely unobtainable, and in those cases i think the idea of saving a half dozen other games makes more sense than trying to make a dead man walk.

I am sorry to say, but as above, eBay it as is or bust it up and part it out

Masses of work and cost involved to save it. And at the end of it, this is not a particularly valuable title.

Personally, I would eBay it

There seems to be project fever on ebay ATM. The system 3 board set however is no easy to get. I sold a full working set last year on pinball classifieds to a guy in Germany very easy for £300

Yeah it's looking like eBay, part it out or a trade to another collector. I'll leave it a few days and see what happens.

Going to repair the backbox hinge tomorrow anyway. That's something that needs to be done regardless of where it goes

Thanks for that info aswell Steve, didn't know the boards were hard to come by. They are probably the best part of this machine.

Back
Top Bottom