What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Size Matters - new HD Pin2DMD 256x64 - Building again!

Really nice of you to say mate but honestly it's another case of standing on the shoulders of giants. The pin2dmd project is next level.

Glad you like!

Really nice of you to say mate but honestly it's another case of standing on the shoulders of giants. The pin2dmd project is next level.

Glad you like!

It's so good it makes me wish I had something to put it in 😂. Stuff like this with the new panel & lighting can really bring these wonderful old machines to another level.

Yours has to be the best CFTBL around.

@Neil McRae @stumblor PIN2dmd has been pretty much plug and play on the Stern Sam.
You need to add a few odd sized pillars/standoffs for the metal Sam's. Nuts to hold the clear plastic etc.
I can dig out sizes etc just PM me.

You can use the same cables as a colordmd just make sure you dont whack the brightness up too much ,can cause issues.
If you need the full power a PSU to power the display would be advisable.

Ive just activated and paid for a rom not messed with the colorisation as thats been handled .

These Pin2dmd's may have some little issues. Rom dependant but lucky is always sorting out the hardwares firmware.
The only thing would be the Pinball rom which is handled by the colorists.

This is an awesome mod Davey - great work!
I almost pulled the trigger on one for my IJ but got distracted with life stuff, so put me on the list for one going forward. Will it be able to fit upgraded speakers (I think I have pin sound speakers in IJ) - not sure if there's a significant size difference at all.

Looks as though the pinsound kits come with 2 x 5" speakers - only 3" speaker fit next to the HD screens.

The kits I'm supplying come with 2 x 3" Visaton speakers, which are easily the best bang for buck 3 inch speaker that I've found. 30W nom, 100Hz-20kH range. I'm not sure what the pinsound spec is, it'd be interesting to do an A/B test.

I'll put you name down mate and you can decide whether it's worth swapping out those pinsound head speakers when the time comes.

Hungarian pinball mafia helping me out with some scans.

1632476331457.png

#scanner_envy

@Neil McRae @stumblor PIN2dmd has been pretty much plug and play on the Stern Sam.
You need to add a few odd sized pillars/standoffs for the metal Sam's. Nuts to hold the clear plastic etc.
I can dig out sizes etc just PM me.

You can use the same cables as a colordmd just make sure you dont whack the brightness up too much ,can cause issues.
If you need the full power a PSU to power the display would be advisable.

Ive just activated and paid for a rom not messed with the colorisation as thats been handled .

These Pin2dmd's may have some little issues. Rom dependant but lucky is always sorting out the hardwares firmware.
The only thing would be the Pinball rom which is handled by the colorists.

Thanks for that info Andrew very helpful.

Is this the version of the metal speaker panel you have of TWD?

so Dave if you have it I'll take a full ToM package please.

Neil.

Sure Neil, got you down on the overflow list. Just waiting on stock of the processors to come back in. 7 came up this morning but I was on route to a jumpy castle date with @Andypc - by the time I got home they were sold!

More will come up soon. I have an Apify web scrape setup to notify me when it happens ;-)

Fishtales. This was tough because the fishes body was missing due to the previous position of the speaker hole, so had to recreate it. The fish is a bit longer now, but I think it works.

Before
1632757451721.png

After
1632757462671.png

IJ - Quite tricky this one - had to add another idol at the bottom!

Before
1632838475719.png

After

1632838490796.png

Those 3 idols light up with a light board behind which was a mod that some people will have I think, was on the prototype. Mine had it and individually controlled.
Just in case you don’t know. Looks good though but you could just use the 3 somehow then people with the mod can still have their 3 lights fitted with some work.

Those 3 idols light up with a light board behind which was a mod that some people will have I think, was on the prototype. Mine had it and individually controlled.
Just in case you don’t know. Looks good though but you could just use the 3 somehow then people with the mod can still have their 3 lights fitted with some work.

Thanks Dave that's useful to know. To be honest I have the same issue with TAF. Tricky because they'll need to be positioned in the same x position, and additionally there is hardly any room underneath the HD PCB. Likely I'm going to have to put some boards together for both games.

This is better. Same positions as before now:

1632842507981.png

Twilight Zone - This is the last of the current round! Sending off to the printer tomorrow.

Before
1632845187517.png

After

1632845313137.png

Yes was thinking about that for TAF but thought you would know about that one as all standard.
The 3 idol version looks spot on😎

More stock of the STM32H743VIT6 has arrived!

This means that I can start building those boards for people on the overflow list. 10 current boards spoken for, 8 on the overflow list.

If anyone else is keen, let me know asap as I'll be sending the order off later!

New ultra low rise lightboard to support both IJ and TAF speaker panels in the HD Pin2DMD (and colourDMD).

Luckily, the position of the inserts is in the same place for both IJ and TAF, so just need a small jumper to select which game.

1633598872433.png

Back
Top Bottom