What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Site issues and support

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi all,

It seems that one of the bigger companies, and one we use a number of themes and add-ons from due to it's good support and reliability, is changing it's model and no longer supporting a number of it's products. One of their products is the default theme we use on this site, another is the Donation add-on i've recently been complaining about (explains why they dont want to support it any more now... ).

Therefore I'll be spending a massive amount of time and effort over the coming weeks/months looking for suitable replacements. It also gives me time to think about site restructuring/improving (as i have said previously, there's several things i would like to remove/improve and add here). I would also like to expand the site to include things like industry releases and rumours.... to make it an all-round site, rather than just a discussion site (however the discussion part will always be at the core of this site and the community). When the time is right, I'll be reaching out to you all to find people that are happy and willing to be part of the team here... From Articles and Reviews to... well.. who knows! There will be a number of longstanding members i would like to consult on the best way forwards and what THEY would like to see from this site... all with the aim of making it a better place!

Please bear with me - I will try to minimise disruption and improve the site to improve functionality and user friendliness.

It will take a considerable time - I will keep you all updated as to where we are and what is happening. I know and realise from previous experiences that people dont always like change - Sometimes we just need to change and improve to keep up with the times.

Thanks
Paul

Make it easier for yourself by doing some spring cleaning of all the forums with tumbleweed! I’m fully qualified if you need help with this task!

Less is more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Make it easier for yourself by doing some spring cleaning of all the forums with tumbleweed! I’m fully qualified if you need help with this task!

Less is more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Already looking at it... Top things that spring to mind are....

1. Remove any forum that hasnt had a decent number of posts in the last 12 months. Merge those threads into best-fit existing forums.... Eg - UK Pinball Club -> General Pinball Discussion
2. we have nearly 4k members now.... lots havent ever posted, or have just signed up "because they can". My thoughts are to remove anyone that hasnt visited in the last 18 months... keep the userbase fresh.
3. Re-align forums - so currently we have the marketplaces all over the place... put them all in the same place ... consolodate and move...
4. Spring clean anything i can!

Nothing will be lost... it will just be "re-homed"....

Another example is the "Technical Q's and help" - This IMO needs to be a Q & A forum where the OP could mark the correct solution, and then becomes a good reference for others with the similar issues....

Full of ideas this morning :D

Example.... 3914 members..... 1,622 have visited in since 1st July 2020....

On the user front, we all know folks fall out of love with this hobby but can come back. Might be worth keeping those who did post before they went AWOL.
EDIT, it ignores my suggestion as a possible SQL injection attack
Less that 10 posts and over 18 month no activity for example.
I am happy to carry out this task for you Paul.

Just sold a pin to a member who has never posted

But they would show as active if they were logged on and browsing.
What we are suggesting is people who sign up, are not active and have never posted.

Back
Top Bottom