What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Site contributions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
All,

I have (Finally!) decided to enable contributions on the site. These contributions will ONLY be used towards the running of the site - The purchase of new Mods and Add-ons and to improve the general running of the site.

Those that contribute will have their status upgraded (manually I think!!) to "Site Supporter" so others are aware that you have played an active part in supporting this place.

Benefits include access to "supporters only" areas, additional Private message allowances, and hopefully in the future, discount rates and group buys, amongst other things. It's naturally what one would expect on being a contributing member of a site.

It is worth noting though that this does NOT grant people immunity to being banned though - If you do things that wouldn't be acceptable in a forum environment then you will be dealt with in the same way as others would be. This is a place that people should be allowed to come for good advice and friendship above all.

Please DO NOT feel as if you are being pressured into donating. This is one thing that I feel strongly about. You are just as welcome here if you donate as if you don't.

This place is for the good of all, however because of changes in my personal life I cannot fund enhancements and upgrades to the site etc myself any more. I will though, carry on funding the hosting space. To be fair, most of the add-ons are one-time purchases - with the very occasional few large add-ons being a one time and then an annual "maintenance" fee which is a fraction of the overall cost.

I would like to think that those who sell machines via the "for sale and wanted" forum would like to chip in a tiny amount as a goodwill gesture, however again it's not a stipulation, and will not be in the foreseeable future.

Many thanks to everyone again for making this place what it is today - the UK's number one Pinball forum :)

Paul

i *really* hate the new icon. can you make it about 100x smaller, and about 1000x less crap?

I don't mind it but a little smaller might be a idea.
I a bit miffed I lost my Pinball Champion , I was looking forward to hitting Pinball Wizard.
I suppose we could have both.

Right earn your money and get it sorted matey boy.

I can't over write Site Supporters with Pinball Champion, it just rewrites it back. If you can change that Paul, I will add them back in for top posters. ;)

I will back out as I think you are playing too.

ok Ive had a good look around but I cant seem to find the donate here button, please advise, over. :rolleyes:

not at all - I havent had chance to add it yet - i have the package installed, however need to think about how i'm gonna get it to work here - user groups need a little thought... It'll be back in a week or two - promise ;)

Offer of help.

I run the server for local lotus community (cars not flowers!)

I'd be happy to offer hosting for free as I already pay for the VPS it's run on.

How much space would you need?

Code:
<div class="success">
    <h2>Requirements Met</h2>
    <p>Your server meets all of XenForo's PHP requirements.</p>

Ready when you are :p

abaxas,

Many thanks for your generous offer, however I like to keep things under my control, have been bitten once before years ago where i had a site set up, had a minor falling out with the hosting owner, who then refused to give access back to the site. This way it's under my control (and those who assist on the admin side).... Therefore meaning that the longevity of the site is maintained...

Cheers anyhow
Paul

No problem.

Just the VPS is sitting there barely used thought I would offer.

The way I get round the 'only one person owns it' problem is to allow sftp backups of everything to admins. That way if I throw a wobbly a full and complete backup is available so someone else can untar, use the SQL dump and be back and working within minutes.

Does this run on a vps or is it shared hosting?

Hi @Paul, just wondering if the Donate button is still AWOL? Pinballinfo.com is great and I'd like to become a site supporter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom