What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Site chat room?

JT.

Site Supporter
I know we had a chat room before, a long time ago, but it was before this place got really popular. Now there are loads of us, it might be more popular? Maybe just a weekend timed chat room - open from Fri through Sunday? And more integrated to the site too - something that just by logging onto the site, we were straight away integrated in to the chat thing (before, it felt a bit like a completely different site, the way it worked, etc)

Could use good old IRC on the efnet or something?

Until recently I still used IRC daily but it is old technology and not exactly easy for non techies. I spent half my time explaining how I did somethings to other people.

There was a major issue which has been fixed now - All being well i'll open it up tomorrow night :)

Reactions: JT.
Nice work with the chat room functionality @Paul - great that the logon is integrated into the site so we don't have to logon separately. Is the current setup a bit of a test or released into the wild? Looking forward to this on weekend hours, I'm guessing Fri and Sat nights will be fun :) Though maybe automatically clearing the night before's chat content the morning after those days would be advisable :)

Nope - thats it. Basic, standard IRC commands etc. I suspect a few more features to come, however it's integrated and seems to work ok after the initial issues.

Ive disabled the multiple and hidden chatrooms purely because it's a chat room - If you wanna chat to someone in private drop em a PM!! :D

Nope - thats it. Basic, standard IRC commands etc. I suspect a few more features to come, however it's integrated and seems to work ok after the initial issues.

I've disabled the multiple and hidden chatrooms purely because it's a chat room - If you wanna chat to someone in private drop em a PM!! :D

I like it :thumbs: Incidentally, my 4 year old daughter says "good work Paul" ?!?!

One idea, if it's possible and not too hard, might be to have the chat menu button automatically open a second browser window, where you stayed active, but then you don't need to logout in order to view the forum - I know it's easy enough to open two browser tabs, and popup blockers might be a pain, but that might encourage people to just leave it open in the background, hence remain online rather than logging in/out. Regardless, I hope it gets some use.

Two more things - why when you turn on sound does it keep going 'baloop' at you, even when nothing has happened:hmm:? And an auto-logout to avoid the '/quit' will surely be a popular request as time goes by :)

Back
Top Bottom