What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silver Castle’s Timeshock!: The inside story

A good read,will keep an active lookout for this.Out of all new stuff on the go Wrath Of Olympus is tops for me

I think most people have completely forgotten this machine is being developed as Silver Castle Pinball have been VERY quiet about it but it is still coming and a few weeks ago they released a video of their prototype playfield ( without telling anyone :)).

It can take as long as it likes, the longer the better, more chances for me to randomly win the lottery and to be able to afford one of 'em.

Pro Pinball, the first pinball game (series) I ever played seriously. If I could pick any machine in the world for free, no strings attached, it would be close between Timeshock and Alien, but I think I'd probably go with Timeshock. Provided, of course, it's made well enough...

This is absolutely incredible! I grew up as a kit playing Pro Pinball on the PS1 and although Fantastic Journey was my favourite machine i always had a bit of a thing for Timeshock! Really hope they can go through with this, i think i would actually sell my collection to get my hands on a Timeshock!

I might have to give them a message to show some support (and hopefully get some sneaky pictures too)

I gave them a poke on Facebook and I got a candid photo of some under playfield wiring as a response. They're extremely quiet but they're still going somehow. Really cool.

That's great, my poking normally just results in "we're working on it".

To say I've been worried about this series would be an understatement, given the poor run of luck the series has had lately - I can't even post on the Ultra Edition forums because my account was never approved by the admins.

I would need a windfall to even consider buying a NIB but if Timeshock does make it out into being a real machine that would just be beautiful.

I asked Martin Ayub to reach out to them the other day and maybe talk about them in his podcast, he said he would try. They've been so quiet its easy to completely forget this project even exists.

Given Heighway's new position in the 'latest new pinball failures' pile that was already worrying to begin with, I can understand them wanting to fly under the radar completely. They're not taking any preorder or investor money so no need to advertise until it's done.

To say I've been worried about this series would be an understatement, given the poor run of luck the series has had lately - I can't even post on the Ultra Edition forums because my account was never approved by the admins.

I would need a windfall to even consider buying a NIB but if Timeshock does make it out into being a real machine that would just be beautiful.

Yes, I'm not sure how I would ever afford one but I've dreamed of owning a real Timeshock for about the last 15 years. At least I know where I would put it now, not something I could say a couple of years ago.

I've been speaking with them a little bit today and they seem like great guys. I did also get sent a sneaky under playfield picture. I also asked whether or not they had a rough idea when the project would be completed and they said that they weren't willing to share that infomation.

I've been speaking with them a little bit today and they seem like great guys. I did also get sent a sneaky under playfield picture. I also asked whether or not they had a rough idea when the project would be completed and they said that they weren't willing to share that infomation.
Sounds fair enough. They're not using anyone's money and it feels like that this is perhaps only a few steps above a bedroom-incubation project in people's spare time + funds, at least for this stage.

Sounds fair enough. They're not using anyone's money and it feels like that this is perhaps only a few steps above a bedroom-incubation project in people's spare time + funds, at least for this stage.
I agree with that. I do give them alot of credit for not going the kickstarter/preorder route as previously that just seems to end in disappointment. I wish them the best of luck and seriously hope they manage to get them out to the public. I would definately sell most of my collection for a real Timeshock!

All seems a bit quiet from Silver Castle, .... this is latest I can find on it (not a lot):

I literally was thinking about them today while driving to work, I might try and get hold of them again, give them a bit of support. Would be such a shame if this died out. I so desperately want it to be a success for them, and then for them to make Fantastic Journey as well (always my favourite Pro Pinball game)

Same here, they're what got me into pinball in the first place. Both fantastic games....

If it's 'still being worked upon' you'd think there would be at least a few snippets of the development progress to keep interest up?

I've been following ( not much to follow ) this too, I think a lot of people completely forgot about them. I do wonder about the price though should it ever come out, wasn't it priced quite high all those years ago when first announced? I'm sure it was pushing 9k ish ( a lot 5 years ago )

edit...been searching for original pricing but coming up short, maybe I dreamt it?

Last edited:
A real time-shock would have been cool, but they've obviously found out that making real pinball games isn't easy, like so many others. Plus now time has moved on and they'd have to sort out the dmd to be coloured at the very least to be competitive.

I literally was thinking about them today while driving to work, I might try and get hold of them again, give them a bit of support. Would be such a shame if this died out. I so desperately want it to be a success for them, and then for them to make Fantastic Journey as well (always my favourite Pro Pinball game)
Fantastic Journey would be ridiculously hard to make in reality thanks to the multiple toys that swap out below playfield. That part of the game would have to be redesigned.

I sent them a message via Facebook yesterday, they've read it but not replied so at least the account still has activity. Potentially a good sign? @insx you need this machine if it ever gets produced!

I'd forgotten that they'd got this far. I'm surprised that haven't at least shown the new playfield with the lightshow.

Back
Top Bottom