What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silicone rubbers

Cmor111

Registered
Hi,

I'm looking for black silicone rubbers, I've used clear in the past but want to try black on JY. I've seen them on the pinball centre website but wanted to know if anyone in the UK stocks them?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I got a "premium" rubber kit from Pinball center in europe for my scared stiff. They look shinier and easier to clean.

The sizes were all over the place. Some had pronounced sharp edges. Some were not a proper round Cross section.

Never again

Last edited:
I got a "premium" rubber kit from Pinball center in europe for my scared stiff. They look shinier and easier to clean.

The sizes were all over the place. Some had pronounced sharp edges. Some were not a proper round Cross section.

Never again
Thanks for the info, previously bought a transparent set from them and didn't have any problems but not worth the risk.

I like PinballCenter premium rubbers and have bought them on numerous occassions without problem (both black and transparent.) I actually ordered a couple of sets last week from them specifically and they look fine, haven't tried fitting them yet but I'm not expecting any issues. There can definitely be some quality problems with some PinballCenter goods but I didn't think their rubbers were one of them. I haven't tried Titan yet but have heard good things and would certainly give them a go.

I'd suggest contacting pinballshop.nl first before ordering as they weren't stocked yet a while back
Just checking the colour code on their website and it looks like the don't have them in stock as it's showing red for all titan rubbers, I'll still drop them an email later in the day just to see.

Do these have any discernible difference in bounce? I know black had a reputation for being harder but that's likely outdated now.
I think it use to make a difference with rubber but with the silicone it's all the same but I'm no expert in this.

I'm liking the look of those TITAN silicone rubbers! I'm a total SUPER-BANDS convert for flippers, but they only do flippers, post sleeves and mini-post "beads". I've been waiting for them to do silicone rings in the same range of colours but looks as though TITAN have beaten them to it by do the full range of flippers, rings, beads, posts, rebounds, shooter tips and post caps aka Bally "acorn nuts".

I'm very interested to try white as I want to keep the original look of classic white rubber but have modern silicone that stays shiny, last longer and easy to wipe clean (I can see that some of the white rubber rings I fitted to GOLD BALL are starting to crack and they're only just over a year old):

Overview%204-800x800.jpg

Single%203-4%20ID-800x800.jpg

Fantastic that they even do post nuts:

Post%20Caps-800x800.jpg

Silicone flipper rubbers feel more like conventional rubber than super bands which are made from polyurethane. I like super bands but they don't bounce as much as a normal rubber and can be extremely grippy, especially when new. I find they need to bed in a bit before they reach their best.

You're right @aaronhicksuk! SUPER-BANDS are polyurethane. I like the grippiness and frankly my pinballs skills are so slim I doubt any difference in bounce would matter much to me! But if silicone is closer to the properties of rubber (they mention Shore A45) then they should be good. Going to work out what I need for my GOLD BALL and give a full set of white TITANs a try - looks like it's time to get some new rings anyway and some of them are filthy black too.

Just found BEE's website they're a Dutch company that make a range of pinball products, Jersey Jack is a reference;
http://www.bee-light.nl/

pinballshop.nl and led4pin both sell them and they're a good price (but no coloured rubber ring option)

I've heard from pinballshop.nl they are collecting TITAN orders via their website to place in the next few weeks. I think they're planning to stock "some" thereafter - but TITAN offer a lot of colours and sizes === a lot of options to stock!

I fancy some coloured to use on small flipper bats that use normal 1" rings.

Back
Top Bottom