What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipping a pin from America?

On their site it gives prices but their machines are pretty overpriced for what they are?

On their site it gives prices but their machines are pretty overpriced for what they are?

They are traders. They are in business to make money. They can't sell them for the same prices collectors sell to each other for. Their prices are retail prices aimed at the general public. Same with most traders. Look at Liberty Games prices for example.

They do not market themselves as high end restorers. That is not what they do.

Reactions: JMP
They are traders. They are in business to make money. They can't sell them for the same prices collectors sell to each other for. Their prices are retail prices aimed at the general public. Same with most traders. Look at Liberty Games prices for example.

They do not market themselves as high end restorers. That is not what they do.
Thanks for that information didn't really look at it that way until now

they do more than stick leds in them.

More often than not, that's all they do. Sure, you'll see a couple of games getting wiped down or Steve will be going at it with a paint brush on one of the cabinets. But that's pretty much it.

They're all about presentation and trying to make the games look appealing. They do claim to restore games, I've heard Todd saying that before. But that aside, the least people would expect is for them to actually repair a game properly so it works right and is reliable (and safe) for home use, but they don't even do that most of the time.

Anyhoo, this is wayyyyyy off topic. Bottom line is I'm just glad no one here is buying and importing games from TNT haha. :D

If people do want to buy retail or pay someone to restore a game, then from what I've seen and heard you can't go wrong with the likes of Pinball Heaven, Manny, Liberty Games, Home Leisure Direct, etc.

More often than not, that's all they do. Sure, you'll see a couple of games getting wiped down or Steve will be going at it with a paint brush on one of the cabinets. But that's pretty much it.

They're all about presentation and trying to make the games look appealing. They do claim to restore games, I've heard Todd saying that before. But that aside, the least people would expect is for them to actually repair a game properly so it works right and is reliable (and safe) for home use, but they don't even do that most of the time.

Anyhoo, this is wayyyyyy off topic. Bottom line is I'm just glad no one here is buying and importing games from TNT haha. :D

If people do want to buy retail or pay someone to restore a game, then from what I've seen and heard you can't go wrong with the likes of Pinball Heaven, Manny, Liberty Games, Home Leisure Direct, etc.
I've seen them change the battery do you need to do that

I've seen them change the battery do you need to do that

Oh yeah I forgot about that. So they hack up boards by installing either a lithium battery no one can find easily, OR, rip up all the traces on perfectly good boards and drill holes through them to install a coin battery which as proved by someone on this forum, does not work properly.

That's a pretty low wage for an electronics engineer.

Would not buy a pin, and see totally where Pete is coming from,
But i will have to put it down to a guilty pleasure as I love those cheesy vids

Back
Top Bottom