What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Sharkeys Shootout Project £500

andy

Site Supporter
I've always fancied one of these so bought this last year, but it's been trouble and since buying I've bought several pins that are now ahead of it in the queue so if anyone wanted it for £500 it's available, I'll be well out of pocket on it at that price but otherwise I can see it just kicking about for months / years / forever.......

Anyway, please note the condition of the game is as follows:

This was bought as non working, with a repaired acid damaged CPU which was constantly resetting.

I sent board to Jim Askey @myPinballs and it turned out it was the wrong CPU board (Sharkeys apparently uses a different pal chip and bigger ram to most Whitestar games) and previous repairs had been poorly done. He spent a lot of time on the board and upgraded it and got it booting reliably, but with a distorted sound problem that he couldn't track down. I've subsequently sent the board on to Luke Wells @lukewells to see if he might have any better luck with the sound (on the understanding he's very busy and it would be likely to be a while before he'd have time to look at it) and as far as I know he hasn't had time to look at it as yet. Nb I didn't put the board back in the game to test it after Jim's repair as the game was back in storage by then.

About all I can say other than that is the display board and display are ok (well, it showed the boot screen anyway) it seemed complete and the playfield was good but there were some broken plastics. The cab was alright though the white backbox (why did they do that?) could do with some touching up, translite good, decent set of Stern legs.

If anyone's interested I can get some pics or answer any questions so let me know! Oh and please note that if you buy it you'll have to get the CPU board back from Luke (or arrange with him to keep it and work on it if you wish) at your expense.

Cheers,
Andy

Back
Top Bottom