What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Shaker Motor for Spider Man

John ! as above is one of Phil's shakers
Terry has one fitted in his SM when I borrowed it a while back ;)
Supper bit of kit it is :thumbs:

I got my shaker. It s the two wore kind no PCB. I cannot find connection details on the website. Anyone any idias which connectors i should use? I am sure i can fathom it out but would rather not reinvent the wheel.

Cheers

JB

Two wires no board - ok, the red wire is the power, 12V, goes to the 12V source just inside the coin door. The black wire is the trigger, attach this to whatever you want to turn the shaker on, typically a flasher bulb holder, or you wanna get fancy, to a specific transistor in the backbox (more faffing and longer wires). You also need to attach an earth to a bolt securing the shaker to the floor of the cab - either a wire to the partner of that 12V I mentioned above, or something linking it to the earth braiding.

Daunting but once done, very satisfying

I have been reliably infomred: -

"red to red, black to brown in back. The black is at bottom of cabinet you will find a brown stray connector not plugged into anything. Red is at the front cabinet near where it is mounted"

Will give it a go later.

Cheers

JB

Okay so I checked the manual and Brown / Blue and red / white are the pair for the shaker motor (red / white is the power and the Brown / Blue as the trigger). They are in the red circled area on the right.

So i can trace the red white to the connector circled on the left. So i connected the red connection from the shaker to this white connector, when i unplug the other end of it - as it only goes to the terminal on the right. This will be the power.

Now the brown / blue i chopped at the connector on the right and chopped the black lead form the shaker and then connected the two together.

Jobs a good'n!

Cheers

JB.
P1020800.JPG

My only complaint (with all shakers) is the bloody awful glass rattle you get. Spider man, with the and man feature, has a very long rattle. Going to see if i can do something to reduce the rattle.

JB

My only complaint (with all shakers) is the bloody awful glass rattle you get. Spider man, with the and man feature, has a very long rattle. Going to see if i can do something to reduce the rattle.

JB
A thin piece of felt held in the glass channel with double sided sticky tape ?

Back
Top Bottom