What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadow left diverter wobble

windoesnot

Site Supporter
Alias
Ian Walmsley
Hi all

The phurba diverter on the left ramp on my Shadow has always felt a bit loose, certainly compared to the one on the right ramp. It has much more of a snap when moving left & right and hits the metal ramp with a higher impact.

There is a bit of play on the diverter if you jiggle it with your hand and takes much less force to manually move it left & right compared to the other diverter. Under the playfield it is solidly attached to the diverter mechanism with the set screws so it might be within the shaft itself that it causing the issue. It's not a huge issue but it has caused the flasher to the left of the diverter to come loose from its holder.

Any ideas?

Also one of the coil stop threads is broken (have temp fixed this with a cable tie around the coil & coil stop), would it be advisable to weld a new but thread on or look for a new bracket?

Thanks

Also one of the coil stop threads is broken (have temp fixed this with a cable tie around the coil & coil stop), would it be advisable to weld a new but thread on or look for a new bracket?
Thanks
When I got my Shadow a few years ago the left diverter coils were held on with cable ties and no coil stops at all because the base plate had sheared at the bolt holes completely. I fixed/botched it by extending the plate and drilling new holes. It wasn't pretty but worked well, a new base plate is obviously the best way.

Back
Top Bottom