What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Selling everything... Star Trek, Xenon, Baby Pacman, Pacman and Spirit of 76 for sale

Really sorry to hear your news.

I wish you all the best.

i'm also sorry to hear your news, when i got made redundant, us employees got paid 4p for every pound owed, i got a cheque for around £4.12, hope you new venture goes well :D

A worrying time, I hope it all works out well for you. I'm getting made redundant myself atm, I'm ok with it as I'm just about old enough to retire, but a lot of the younger guys I work with are frantically trying to find work.

Last edited:
As others have said, terrible to hear, but things will get better on the other side of it.

Wishing you all the best.

Sorry to hear about your redundancy Dom. Good luck with the new business!
I'm registering my interest in the Pacman but asking for some photos to understand how much work would be involved in getting it back to Pac :D

Sorry to hear about the redundancy and hope things get better for you soon fella.

Sent from my Atari 2600

Sorry to hear your news Dom, happened to me twice and it's a big worry, but no matter what, stay positive, make best use of all your contacts and as others have said things always work out well in the long run, you just need to persevere and make your new full time role finding a job.

Sorry for any delay, been dealing with a broken tailgate glass!

Thanks for your support, the most annoying about it is that I kept on working without pay, as I was promised I would get it in the end.

Anyway I have a bit of a dilemma, so many people want the same machine, I don't really want to auction them but have to work out something.

I am posting some photos up in order and hopefully give you an idea of what is involved.

I am not selling the Star Trek for now, sorry to disappoint anyone.

Posting the pictures in order, let me know if you want more pictures of things, not all parts are pictured as some are in boxes.

1. Baby Pacman £150 playfield, control panel, marquee and monitor glass. Has started to re-wire for mame with I-PAC Ultimate I/O, currently only about 1/2 bulbs done, so could be animated wall art or extreme project. Comes with a mini pc but needs a power supply. You would need a cabinet, monitor, coin door etc. to resurrect this!

Comes with;

1. playfield with plastics; some wear to the playfield
  2. playfield glass
  3. control panel, one button missing
  4. top glass marquee
  5. monitor glass
  6. thin client pc running mame
  7. i-pac ultimate

PXL_20201205_133337708.jpg

2. Nishijin Pachinko £250. Vintage shark killing theme!, comes with hundreds of balls, has backbox to mount on the wall but it is a bit rustic! Pachinko in good condition.

PXL_20201205_152525981.jpg

3. Full size Pacman cabinet £350, imported from the states, missing 1/2 wiring (board to control panel). Cabinet/control panel has been cut, no pcb. New control panel overlay, marquee and monitor glass (cost over £100). Currently stripped ready for cabinet repair (has got 2 cutouts on side to make it look like a different cabinet), also needs monitor rails. £350 is less than what it owes me.

Monitor has some screen burn, not pictured is the coin door, well except for the first pic.

PXL_20201007_105717780.jpgPXL_20201205_135824199.jpgPXL_20201205_135828074.jpgPXL_20201205_135943925.jpg

4. Gottlieb Spirit of 76, £400. 4 players. Missing shooter rod, legs, back door, pop bumper tops and plastic set (available from Pinball Resource). Needs back of the cabinet repair otherwise in good condition.

Not pictured: backbox and backglass. Been sitting upright on a damp floor, before I got it.

IMG_20200827_213658 (1).jpgPXL_20201205_140022804.jpg

5. Bally Xenon £500. Currently the backbox and top of the playfield is stripped. Has new rectifier board, mpu bad, worst bit is the dreaded woodworm, but it has been well treated, cabinet should be fine though not sure on the playfield and it is a bit trashed. Backglass has a scratch in it.

Light board is a wormy mess, no sign of life in the cabinet after a year, not so sure on the playfield, did treat it again this year.

Not pictured: new rectifier board, transformer, playfield parts, boards, though mpu does not boot, not tested the others.

PXL_20201205_141228179.MP.jpgPXL_20201205_140915380.jpgPXL_20201205_140909663.jpgPXL_20201205_141420221.MP.jpgPXL_20201205_141241920.jpgPXL_20201205_141244672.jpgPXL_20201205_133544977.jpgPXL_20201205_133707530.jpgPXL_20201205_133555643.MP.jpgPXL_20201205_133820089.jpg

Pac-man is happily in its new home.
Dom is a top bloke and even took the time to deliver it to me! Thanks again. I'll share here when and if I actually get it up and running.
Cheers

Indeed, sorry to hear that.

Been made redundant four times over the years but always made a comeback and generally not always been a bad thing. Last time was in Oz so ended up coming home. Great idea working for yourself if you can make it work, it's what I do now and never been happier. Even managed to stop taking the medication I'd been on for years (all stress related sh1t due to being totally owned, overstretched and consumed with work)
I don't earn anywhere near as much as I used to but I've adapted to what I've now got. It can be done.
Good luck with your new venture.

Indeed, sorry to hear that.

Been made redundant four times over the years but always made a comeback and generally not always been a bad thing. Last time was in Oz so ended up coming home. Great idea working for yourself if you can make it work, it's what I do now and never been happier. Even managed to stop taking the medication I'd been on for years (all stress related sh1t due to being totally owned, overstretched and consumed with work)
I don't earn anywhere near as much as I used to but I've adapted to what I've now got. It can be done.
Good luck with your new venture.
Happiness and quality of life out weighs money and income by far.

Back
Top Bottom