What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sega Star Wars flashers not flashing!

Optimus Prime

Registered
8E47F65C-68DC-4879-BEC2-5E3987412FE5.jpeg 5EC4FC51-7996-45A2-8B3B-E43A8AA40602.jpeg 1EF0F661-2BB2-4B93-A753-997D570AE01E.jpeg 44D8A25D-5786-487D-A4D6-ECD87CD72573.jpeg
hi guys hoping you can help.

I bought a sega Star Wars last week and just noticed the flashers don’t work. The green and red one never flash. The two red ones in the middle of the playfield sometimes do. At the end of a game etc.

If I go into the test menu and test flashers nothing flashes.

I looked under the playfield and 3 of the bulbs only had orange wires attached to one connection. The other connection had no wires. I found a bunch of black/purple wires that run from the rest of the big bulbs but where all just stuck in a connector block.

I removed these and soldered to the 3 bulbs that didn’t have these attached. Tested continuity between the wires to all bulbs and it’s fine. Replaced all bulbs. But I still can’t get the ones at the bumpers to flash or in test mode any of them to flash.

Any ideas welcome. Thanks a lot.

Have a look at the attached page from the manual and check the wiring. Pretty sure you mean black/grey wires by the way.
If still not working, check Q32 and connection to J6.

Attachments

• page88.pdf
    220 KB · Views: 10
Hi

Yeh it’s the black grey wire in the photos. It runs from all the large bulbs along with orange on them too. I’ll compare the page to the wiring tomorrow and check those.

I checked all fuses I think. It’s my first sega I checked all fuses in the back box and they are fine. I noticed two under the table both fine as well.

Have a look at the attached page from the manual and check the wiring. Pretty sure you mean black/grey wires by the way.
If still not working, check Q32 and connection to J6.
I got to be honest, im not exactly sure what im looking at here on this page? Im guessing "flash:darth x 4" is what im after? as pops are the working bumpers x 4? - If i have that right, then the black\Blue wire should be looping all of them with the orange one on the other connector, is that right?

ok so i was doing a stupid thing, coin door open in test menu so thats why none of the flashers where flashing. i pulled out the white safety button and all but the ones in at the pop bumpers are working. so the long red and long green in this image.121.jpg

I’ve checked continuity from the flashers all the way back to the pcb in the back box and it’s fine.

I did that. But I’ll double check. I’ll take a bulb out of the working flashers and swap with one in the non working. Thanks a lot.

swapped bulbs around and no joy.

I noticed the flasher on the blk\grn wire isnt working either (image), i should have changed that bulb to make sure it wasn't just the bulb there!

I noticed one of the flashers from the mid table four is completely missing. the remaining 3 are working but the wires for the 4th is in a connector block.

There are lights on the PCB, not sure if these are normal, i included a photo.

sw1.jpg sw2.jpg

The lights confirm you have the power supplies that you should have. Can't help thinking that fuse F21 might be blown... but it could be a very thin wire in there...

When you tested the fuses, you did pull them out of their holders and continuity tested them?

Hi , I didn’t pull them out. I just tested them in place with my meter. As in touched the red to one end black to other and got the beep.

Will do thanks a lot. I’ve never done that when testing fuses in the past , hopefully
That’s what it is !

Back
Top Bottom