What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Sega rally Daytona or virtua racing

I trust you are aware that repairs to the Daytona boardset can be astronomical - and I mean SUPER expensive! I have seen repair invoices for these boards OVER AU$1000

They are also not exactly reliable either. Please exercise extreme caution when buying one of these machines and make 100% sure nothing has been spilled on the boards (they live under the drivers seat so easy to get liquid damaged).

Not a pin but if anyone is selling one of these machine feel free to get in touch thanks
I've never been a big video games person but both VR and Sega Rally took a LOT of my pound coins when they were new in arcades!

Interesting to know what prices they go for nowadays, great games but must be a fairly limited market as apart from any maintenance/repair issues you'd also need plenty of room if you're after multiplayer sit down cabs! :oops:

Somewhere between 1.5k to 2k for sit-down twins, SR is the cheaper of the lot to keep running as the model 2a boards are easier to come by, but still not exactly abundant as people with these cabs will be hoarding spares. Nobody repairs in the UK anymore loads of custom surface mounted chips, so expect to post faulty boards to the US if they go wrong.

Hummm I’m starting to think it’s not a good plan , I had kinda thought an lcd version would be bombproof but it sounds like that’s not the case

Wasn't this thread initially entitled "Dog rally Daytona"; now that would be a game!

I’ve got a sega rally 2 twin (not for sale) and would agree that it’s relatively easy (but still not easy) to get parts, however the game boards are still setting you back upwards of £250 if you need replacements. Great machine though and the first one people go to when they come round. I saw a couple on fb recently, don’t know if you’ve looked there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hummm I’m starting to think it’s not a good plan , I had kinda thought an lcd version would be bombproof but it sounds like that’s not the case

To be honest the monitors aren't too much of a problem, they are usually fixable. With Sega model 2/3 boards the headache comes with the game boards, the video board in particular as it uses custom surface mounted chips that are prone to failure. You may get lucky and have no problems for years, it may break in a week, there are things you can do to lessen the chances of failure like upgrading to later more reliable Naomi PSU's, putting in a cheap volt meter to keep an eye on excessive voltage, but it wont make the game bulletproof by any stretch. Not wanting to put you off, great games and I love having them in my collection, but just wanting to warn you in advance.

If you are willing to go down the LCD route its probably worth just ditching the game boards, getting an empty shell and going the emulation route, how 'legit' you want to make it is up to you, from shoving an old pc/xbox with logitec wheel (the Daytona xBox port is spot on) to fully integrating the proper FFB system with an Arduino.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom